The fans' true django sequel

yes, perhaps.

When you retire perhaps.

Ahh, I thought he wasn’t called Dajngo in the film.

But the title is at least an allusion to Django. (No one prepares a coffin like Django)

I guess I’ll have to for for like 34 years…

Yes !..unless you meet a rich woman and retire early.

To do that I had to leave my current darling…

Well we cannot have this then :wink: .

Fuckin hell, no.

But not having “Django” in ints title doesn´t mean, that this couldn´t be a sequel to the original “Django”. Obvious it´s one of the few movies where the character is called Django in the original, not as most of the other Django movies in Germany and elsewhere. In my opinion “Preparati la bara!” is the best sequel of “Django” - as:

• Baldi wanted Franco Nero for this movie
  • most of the team was already working on “Django”
  • Outfit and style of the movie
  • both wives were murdered
  • both movies have a cemetery scene

Also think about this: “Per un pugno di dollari”, “Per qualche dollaro in piu” and " Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo" are also considered as a trilogy. Nevertheless the Eastwood character isn´t the same in all of them (“Joe”, “Monco”, “Blondie”). I´m still wondering about this fact, that is accepted by mostly everybody…

If Franco Nero was in it, it would have been an official sequel.

I think so too. But the story still has too many differences from the original to be in the same continuity as the original. For example, there is no mention of the civil war in Preparati la bara, and if I can remember correctly, wasn’t it Major Jackson that killed Django’s wife in the original, not Horst Frank? FOrgive me if I’m wrong I haven’t watched it in a while. Also Preparati la bara seems to take place around the same time as Django, with the post civil war setting.

So while if Nero was in it it may very well have been considered an official prequel, I think each film’s storyline is in its own “universe” so to speak.

There are better SWs, with or without a Django in it, which are much closer to the spirit of Django than Prepare a Coffin. Prepare mostly doesn’t feel like a real Django. More like a would be Django. Only sometimes the film works.

The main problem is that the screenplay and Baldi’s directing too often spoil the potential of the plot.

Maybe, but I remember one thing I read in an interview or elsewhere: The producers and/or Baldi wanted to make this movie with Franco Nero, but he was already signed by someone else. So they took Terence Hill, as they prefered a look-alike…

[quote=“Stanton, post:52, topic:1953”]There are better SWs, with or without a Django in it, which are much closer to the spirit of Django than Prepare a Coffin. Prepare mostly doesn’t feel like a real Django. More like a would be Django. Only sometimes the film works.

The main problem is that the screenplay and Baldi’s directing too often spoil the potential of the plot.[/quote]

I think, the commonly used green valleys of Italy are the biggest spoiler in that movie.
Mud on the one side, springtime on the other - no Django feeling there.

It’s more the mostly uninspired way how this landscape is photographed.
Color, decor, framing. There are too many shots which look like “I don’t care how the background is looking”.
Don’t tell me that they spent much time for preparing this “graveyard” at the end. And this is at least still one of the best scenes of the film. But I always imagine what Corbucci (in his “I care” mood) or another talented director had made out of it.

I think the creepy look of that graveyard inspired a lot of SW directors!

The creepy look of the Django graveyard, yes?

I was talking about the Preparati Graveyard.

Django graveyard is great. Creepy indeed. I should start a thread called “Your favortie graveyard in an SW?”!

the SW Wdjango! with anthony steffen it’s more like a django SEQUEL and it has some ‘death rides a horse’ feel inside it also

In my opinion Preparati la bara! is more a sort of prequel than a sequel of Django.

Speaking of the Preparati la bara! graveyard scene B. Duval (“Saison '76”) writes “Barboni’s remarkable cinematography in the nocturnal finale” but, apart from a trailer where the image seems a bit darker, I’ve always seen the conclusion set at day…

The previous two sequences are really much more atmospheric: was the final graveyard sequence intended to be a night scene?