The fans' true django sequel

I was so exhausted yesterday that my long winded Peparati journey went on only for another 15 min before I fell asleep again.

The assault on Lucas house is one of the better scenes of the film but nothing too special (was Baldi really the director of Blindman?)

But it’s quickly followed by another awkward scene according to directing and screenplay. Another henchman is introduced, but then gets quickly killed in the next scene, in which he and his men attack Django in the streets of a town in a rather idiotic way. Again the lack of atmosphere and “visuality” is stunning. (Baldi - Blindman??)
This particular 2 scenes seemed only to be there because otherwise the film was maybe too short, but would have been of course better without them.

The end hopefully tonight …

If you’ll fail,maybe went to the doc

I’ve failed as I watched for actual reasons Shining instead. Surprisingly without felling asleep, even if it was scanty.

Preparati has to wait until Sunday.
Hmm my DVD doesn’t work partly. 2 min weren’t watchable. Maybe I should try Paco’s refrigerator advise.

The end of the flick is pretty djangoish. There you can say:
“OK, someone really wanted to make a Django sequel.”

And Baldi was shrewd enough to told it as a back story,no matter if its good,average,bad,overrated,underrated or whatever
I guess in spring 1968 the people enjoyed it

As soon as Django opens the coffin…

i dont care what you all say…

Viva Viva Django!!!

Viva Django for me too.

OFFICIALLY, the second DJANGO flick with the pony-tailed Franco Nero embarassing himself with enslaved kids (MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME, anyone?), and his Ramboesque stance (the poster tried harder for the similarity between Nero’s avenger and the Deranged Vietnam Vet), though is quite a crappy attempt at asequel.
The Terence Hill-starrer seems to try harder for a connection (mainly on the look of the character and some of the framing of the Nero’s ‘replacement’)…since we’re debating this, can anyone gimme the ‘skinny’ on what happened in the genesis of the Terence Hill movie? Was the film ORIGINALLY filmed/shot/released with the name DJANGO in the title (if I’m not wrong, the moniker is neve rmentioned in/on it, right…I recall that many-if not all-the other copycats either only carry the name DJANGO in markets outside Italy or have no character really named DJANGO in the movies)?
At least ONE of the writers from the original is back for the Hill movie…was that supposed to be a sequel THEN some sort of legal action threatened to take place then it just became smoe sort of 'classy rip-off"?

It was supposed to be a Nero movie, but maybe the screenplay wasn’t originally planned as Django because it’s neither a real sequel nor a real prequel. But I’m sure it was shot then as a Django movie.

…but strangely enough not called a Django…

Never thougt of this. When Django in the original film talks to Nathaniel, he says that he was too far away. He rides away in Viva Django. And they never say that he was married to girl he’s avenging in Django. Or maybe they do. Don’t remember.

Maybe we could recut both Preparati la Bara and Django and compose an new one with a complicated narrative structure, many levels and flashbacks…

Would be different for sure !

Maybe if one day I have a lottttttt of time (and some kind of moviemaker software)…

IT wasn’t?

It was!

Or what?

[quote=“Stanton, post:36, topic:1953”]IT wasn’t?

It was!

Or what?[/quote]

The original title of Hill’s Django flick was “Preparati la bara”, wasn’t it?

I think the original title was “Django II: The Real Django Sequel”

???

perhaps I have my facts mixed up…