The fans' true django sequel

I was always under the impression that Django Strikes Again is the only true sequel and all the others are just cash in’s on namesake and/or style.

Look at how many “Django” films there were in Germany for example.

Prepare a coffin was at least made by several people who made Django, and it was planed at first as another lead for Nero.

But I also think that this was not at first written as Django film, and I assume that the name Django for the lead was chosen after the Success of Django.
Prepare a coffin refers to Django, but in the end it doesn’t fit neither as a direct prequel nor a sequel.

too bad django strikes again didn’t directed by sergio corbucci :’(

Yodlaf is substantially right, in this case I consider Preparati la bara! a sort of unofficial prequel because in addition to main character name and look, movie producer Manolo Bolognini, story and screenplay writer Franco Rossetti and cinematographer Enzo Barboni the two films share the “machine-gun hidden in the coffin” distinctive element and even the fairly unconventional - for SWs - AR 1,66:1 (the previous Texas, addio was 2,35:1).

I don’t think so, since Preparati la bara! was released almost two years after Django.

From the ones I’ve seen, the movie that is reminiscent of Django, (mostly for its dark atmosphere) is Django il bastardo… Interesting that a true sequel wasn’t made sooner considering how many times the name Django was used. Also that the “one armed gunfighter” (Some type of handicap would have to be part of a true sequel) wasn’t a more popular theme in SWs. In HK movies there are many One Armed Swordsman movies. Even one “No Armed Swordsman” movie (which I’d like to see) ;D Other than Bandidos I cant recall seeing that in any SWs.

[quote=“JonathanCorbett, post:64, topic:1953”]Yodlaf is substantially right, in this case I consider Preparati la bara! a sort of unofficial prequel because in addition to main character name and look, movie producer (Manolo Bolognini), story and screenplay writer (Franco Rossetti) and cinematographer (Enzo Barboni) the two films share the “machine-gun hidden in the coffin” distinctive element.

I don’t think so, since Preparati la bara! was released almost two years after Django.[/quote]

But it was planned much earlier, immediately after Massacre Time, but Nero went to Hollywood.

As a direct sequel/prequel the few things we know about Django`s past both don’t fit with Prepare a coffin, So I doubt it was originally written as a prequel. A sequel it can’t be.

That answers my question also… So we have Franco Nero playing Abel in The Bible: In the Beginning instead of Django 2? Thanks a lot Hollywood!!! >:(

Always surprises me this.

I think it was Camelot, where he met his wife Vanessa Redgrave.

At least he returned to make his best film The Mercenary, but had probably missed The Great Silence in-between.