Talk Whatever

Not an easy medium to work with :wink: ā€¦ I like the Django and coffin best - canā€™t figure who or what the last one is ?

3 Likes

$100,000 for Ringo. This one is so hard to draw.

Well, Iā€™m slightly merry tonight.

My old fav, several glasses of wine, have helped/hindered my input on ā€˜SWDBā€™ā€¦I hope it has helped someone.

I decided to re-visit 'Jeremy Fablesā€™ and hopefully improved on a previous post.

Plus, I wrote another ā€˜Jeremy Fableā€™ about bounty-hunters.

I donā€™t know if the Fables are any good, but I get a lot of enjoyment from writing them.

Personally
Anyway; I almost started the year by losing my very best friend - she fell down my stairs and ended up in a pool of blood by her head, having gone head-first from the top step to the bottom.

Sheā€™s okay now, and almost back to her self, apart from occasional dizzy spells, but itā€™s given me a serious wake-up call as to how quickly things in life can change in a matter of seconds.

That shook me up, big timeā€¦

Sheā€™s the best friend in my lifeā€¦and I thought Iā€™d lost her.

In other words, donā€™t take every second for grantedā€¦things can change in the blink of an eye.
Seriouslyā€¦every day love loved ones more and moreā€¦

4 Likes

Thatā€™s terrible, my condolences. Iā€™m sorry for your loss.

1 Like

2 Likes

Good information. :+1:

:rofl:

3 Likes

The good, the bad and the jeweler

5 Likes

Speaking of their quality controlā€¦That still bugs me about the spine pictures on the Vengeance Trails set. Did they ever make replacement covers available??

1 Like

Got myself some new ink:

7 Likes

I think ā€œUp the Oā€™sā€ would have looked better

1 Like

My mom finally got to live one of her dreams and spent two weeks in Australia, Tasmania, and New Zealand. Very proud of her for going.

One of the souvenirs she brought back was an authentic Australian dollar

4 Likes

Anyone else having issues with Amazon.co.uk deliveries lately? Recently, Iā€™ve had some minor damages, but today, DPD wonā€™t even deliver my parcel because itā€™s too damaged.
Iā€™ve been ordering from Amazon UK for more than a decade now, but this is the first time Iā€™ve had so many incidents in such a short time frame.

The package contained 3 Eureka Blu-Rays. Should I order from their website directly instead?

I think this is a problem with Amazon across the globe. I live in the U.S. and they use very little, if any, protection anymore in their shipping. Awhile back, I ordered a blu-ray box set of the original Twilight Zone series, and they just tossed it into an empty box without any protection. The case came cracked, so I returned and ordered another. Second one was broken as well. The third one arrived undamaged, but they did not pack it any better, so was just lucky to get it intact. I have had better luck with single DVDā€™s, because they usually have those in a bubble mailer, but anything that needs to go in a box is likely to be packed poorly. Iā€™ve been ordering most of my box sets from sellers on ebay since, whom I can contact easily to request an extra bit of padding and they usually accommodate.

I also order direct from the companies as well. Should have mentioned that. Have had no problems thus far with Arrow, Cauldron, and others.

Very few complains with them (Germany) but the fact that free Prime delivery and fast logistics (where I live some stuff comes overnight and most orders are delivered by Amazonā€™s own trucks) comes at a price and thatā€™s cheap labor exploitation and cost cutting should come at no surpriseā€¦ :wink:

Thanks for replying, at least Iā€™m not alone here with this issue. From now on, I will think twice before buying from Amazon.
I just bought the same 3 Blu-Rays from Eurekaā€™s website. Fingers crossed they arrive safe and sound.

1 Like

Amazon is awful at packaging. A couple of years ago Amazon UK and Germany nearly always shipped in somewhat sturdy boxes but the last couple of years they have become terrible. They save on package fillers and their boxes seems to be made from some material that deterioate when in contact with air. Iā€™ve had a package come from them not many months ago that was ripped totally apart when it showed up and the mail man asked us if it was all there. It was, strangely enough but so was stuff we hadnā€™t ordered. Just spilled over from some other broken Amazon box I would guess.

If I need something to turn up in somewhat mint condition I will order from everywhere but Amazon. They simply do not seem to care anymore.

Amazon US has always been terrible. Have had bools sent to me in Denmark that were shipped in plain brown unpadded unbubbled envelopes.

And this is direct Amazon orders Iā€™m talking about not third party sellers doing their own shipping.

2 Likes

The story continuesā€¦

Today, DPD decided to deliver my order after all. They put it in a different box.
I just opened it, and it seems none of the items are damaged.

The thing is, Amazon already refunded everything. Should I tell them? Or should I send the items back?
I also just sent an email to Eureka to cancel my order.

Up to you on that one. Not sure if this is something that hurts Amazon or the disc manufacturers or both, but if they told you it was damaged and could not be delivered, sounds like a mistake on their end led to the confusion. Contacting Amazon to correct the issue might also be a difficult task. I doubt there is any automated area to click on for this type of mistake and Amazonā€™s customer service is almost entirely automated these days. Maybe itā€™d be easier where you live to contact a live agent, but I have found it difficult to contact them. Last month, my wife received someone elseā€™s order of an article of clothing in one of her packages and tried to contact Amazon to get it back to them, but could not find a way to contact customer service directly to explain. Without recourse, sheā€™ll probably just end up donating it.