Talk Whatever

Ha! You got that right! :+1:

1 Like

A very sound approach

2 Likes

This is a very random question but something Iā€™ve always been curious about.

Iā€™ve noticed that in many Spags the evil rich man stereotypes always seem to drink some kind of vibrant-looking alcoholic concoction.

The only one I can remember off the top of my head is in Texas Adios where this guy is drinking something that looks very green, but I remember seeing other brightly coloured drinks in different Spags too.

Iā€™m not very knowledgable on booze, anyone know what this might be?

The green one could be Creme de Menthe?

1 Like

Green Chartreuse is a spirit that I tried years ago - it is made by monks in France and is great when you strike a match in the glass.

Chartreuse

3 Likes

Interesting, I never knew there were so many oddly coloured liqueurs. Guess Iā€™ll have to do some ā€œresearchā€ next time Iā€™m at a bar :joy:

1 Like

I always thought they were drinking Absinthe aka The Green Fairy as it was very popular in the late 19th and early 20th century. Just my theory.

2 Likes

MemberBadge

ah! look at that! Iā€™ve graduated to Member! :mortar_board:
Iā€™m raising a glass in celebrationā€¦well, not really a glass more of a travel mug, with just tea in itā€¦but still,
It will have to do!

Would have been more fun to go out and celebrate with you all in real life :sparkles:
That way I could fangirl over @aldo and @Monteroā€™s film knowledge :film_projector:
Apologize to @Admin for the cleanup heā€™s had to do when I make a mess in the wrong channels :pray:
Thank @Toscano and @LankyGringo for always choosing kindness :heart:
@QuickDraw and @Phil_H for enabling my SW purchases :money_with_wings:
and talk locations with @Bill_Willer and @IllThinkAboutIt :world_map: and all the rest of you who made the last year a fantastic one~

Now that would have been fun!
But until then, cheers! :clinking_glasses:
Letā€™s have another great SW year! :sparkles:

Cheers!

11 Likes

Congrats! It has been a pleasure having you and your pleasant disposition amongst us. :beers:

5 Likes

Yes indeed, weā€™re sorely missing pleasant dispositions here from time to time, and yes I do include myself in that comment! Good to have you here, Jenny, and well done :wink:

4 Likes

Congrats @NeedleFork , forum is lucky to have you!

2 Likes

Just wanna throw in some random knowledge on how to rise in forum trust levels:

• read (topics, posts)
  • dole out likes to useful posts others contribute
  • earn likes for useful things you post
  • return (daily, over a long period of time)
  • engage in discussions
  • behave
    :slight_smile:
    read more Understanding Discourse Trust Levels
1 Like

You might need to sit down for this one,
because this might come as a shock.
But after much research,
hours of investigation and comparisons.
After traveling down multiple roads of possibilities.
I keep coming back to one single conclusion.
A single truth.
Terence Hill and Franco Nero:
Same person

Same

(ā€¦Iā€™m watching Ace High right now, I seriously canā€™t tell them apart :person_shrugging:)

2 Likes

Probably why they cast Hill as Neroā€™s replacement in Preparati la Bara!

Looks as close as youā€™d get at the time

3 Likes

There seems to be a lot of Nero lookalikes in Italy :joy: Iā€™ve always thought the mustache-less Maurizio Merli from Highway Racer (1977) looks just like him too!

I also seem to remember that Merli was specifically cast as a Nero lookalike after the success of High Crime (1973).

4 Likes

Itā€™s an elaborate hoax, theyā€™re all the same guy! :thinking:

2 Likes

they knew how to make money :wink: james cameron ainā€™t got nothing on these Italians

3 Likes

Seems like @NeedleFork is a vampire or somethingā€¦ anyways she talked me into setting up a dark room mode at the SWDb. Find an icon in the menu up right to toggle it on and off. :ghost:

4 Likes

Iā€™m so happy! :pray: :bat: :heart:

1 Like

I like it. That is the mode I keep my phone in and I think it is much easier on the eyes. :+1:

2 Likes