Talk Whatever

Tis the Season of Miracles Asa, just keep doing what you’re doing. Stay strong Amigo.

3 Likes

I totally can relate to your son, I never wanted to go to school sick, and would hope to eek out extra time off from it. Glad to hear you’re all reaching that curve of where you’re able to move about more, and not be contagious (as highly I’m assuming, I don’t know how long it takes before it’s not considered contagious anymore).

As to the Pizza Hut dilemma, well that one you may have to decide for yourself :wink:, I’ve only ever had it once a long time ago in the 4th grade, so I can’t really say anything for certain.

Stay strong Amigo.

2 Likes

The new ones don’t touch it!!

I’ve got coronavirus: Day 10

Symptoms: Me - No sense of smell. Wife - Nothing. Son - Slight diarrhoea. Baby - Nothing.

Big worry of the day: My son’s due back out on Sunday but if he’s still got a runny bum at that point he’ll be expected to stay in isolation. However, his entire year group at school have been told to stay at home until the 14th anyway - there have been several confirmed cases there so years 10, 12 and 13 have all been sent home - so it should all work out. He’s feeling fine in every other respect though.

This is the end of my isolation period. Back out tomorrow. Thank God, our brush with COVID-19 was of the extremely mild variety. Many have not been so lucky and, whilst I’ve maintained a lightly flippant tone, I’ve been acutely aware of this fact throughout and have, in many ways, been warding off the potential gravity of the situation with a spot of levity. I want to once again thank everyone sincerely for your words of encouragement. It’s meant an awful lot. :+1:

7 Likes

"Back out tomorrow. Thank God, our brush with COVID-19 was of the extremely mild variety. "

I have the impression that your symtoms were less mild than the big majority of infected with covid-19 who are asymptomatic.

A talking example in the beginning of the pandemic is that over 70 % of the infected elderly at the Diamond Princess ship were supposed to have no symtoms according to some sources.

There exists some pre-immunity against covid-19 in many populations.

Glad to here you, your wife, and baby girl are on the mend and are able to move about again.

Sounds like the COVID bugger is hanging on to your son, but since his school is virtual for the moment he’ll be himself again come the 14th.

''Tis the Season of Miracles as I said, and I think you’ve got yours.

Stay safe Asa, you’re a cool guy.

2 Likes

Hey Asa,
Thanks for sharing your experiences with Covid and isolation. Hope you will be back to live in a more normal way soon.

1 Like

Hi there everyone in SW Land, I wanna ask a question here for anyone in the UK. What is your opinion of the online retailer Zavvi? I’ve heard everything from they’re down right no good and not to waste your money there to they’re just OK to no problem ordering from them ever, and just want an extra opinion from anyone here who may have purchased from them previously.

I’m asking because they seem to have the best price on the upcoming Blu Ray of the Poliziotteschi Silent Action from Fractured Visions, whom I highly recommend supporting, both for the item itself and shipping costs from the UK to the US as everywhere just seems so high thanks to COVID 19. Thanks for any help and answers Amigos. Stay safe.

I’ve only purchased from Zavvi once or twice but they are owned by HMV who are still the biggest retailer here of DVDs and CDs and the like so they are a solid organisation.
I’d have no qualms about using them.

1 Like

Thanks Phil, that info helped very much.

“5,4,3,2,1…You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!!”

https://youtu.be/li0SxUshWfc

1 Like

Wise words, Asa. My mantra, from now on.

A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL ON ‘SWDB’

“Yippee-Ki-Yay”, mother…

“Ho, Ho, Ho…now I have a machine gun…”

“Your’e the wrong guy, in the wrong,place, at the wrong time…”

A time for seasonal greetings… :grinning:

https://youtu.be/pEOVNmSR7_c

Ho, Ho, Ho.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS, FOLKS… :grinning:

Aren’t you about 13 days early? :wink:

I’m celebrating now… :grinning:

I may even try to contact Farizzio Gianni (assistant director on ‘The Good, the bad, and the Ugly’) tonight.

It’s never too early to celebrate Christmas… :grinning:

I’ve just spoken, on the phone, to Fabrizio Gianni, one of the assistant-directors on ‘The Good, The Bad, and The ugly’.

He has asked me to call back, on Sunday. It will be interesting to hear his thoughts on ‘Sad Hill’ being uncovered…

1 Like

Purposely ran into @Lode earlier this afternoon :stuck_out_tongue: I wonder when he’ll show his mug in this place again… he has been AWOL for some time

1 Like

I heard that!

1 Like

the spy who came in from the cold

1 Like