Talk Whatever

Same for me

Glad that you and your family arenā€™t feeling too bad, and that your spirits are up. From what Iā€™ve heard from people who did have it, they felt weak with no energy at all, but this may have only been because they got a pretty good dosage of it. Others felt only slightly feverish and felt more like they had a cold, which sounds a lot like whatā€™s going on at your end.

Keep the faith Asa, sounds like youā€™re doing fine.

2 Likes

Yes, around 80-90 % have mild or no symtoms, which could at least partly explained by natural immunity from corona-based common colds which induce a partial T-cell immunity or even, usually mostly in children, an antibody immunity. T-cell-immunity usually refers to inner virus proteins and antibody to a part of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein on the surface.

According to my actual estimation the average mortality in covd-19 if infected is just around 0.2 %. Overall in the world today there are 0.02 % deaths of the world population. Generally the death rate in covid-19 if infected is similar to the common seasonal flu.

1 Like

Side effect from some maintenance. Something is off with the colorsā€¦

1 Like

Hi Asa,
Hang in there. You are doing fine with your family.
I guess the isolation period is hard, especially without your young boy. When being so close for a long period a quarrel is lurking. Keep up the GOOD spirit!

Last week thursday my son catched a cold. Yesterday my wife started as well and today the cold went worse. As she visits het brother with Parkinson weekly she took a test. Luckily she did not have the virus.
It comes awfully close, scary.
I am with jou Asa.

2 Likes

Hang in there, buddy. The ninth day is the most crucial, but seeing how youā€™ve had mostly mild symptoms, you should be fine. Tend to your beloved ones and hope for the best.

2 Likes

Ah shit Asa!!
You get well soon!! Well we are all rooting for you in Spaghetti landā€‹:+1::+1::cowboy_hat_face:!! I became a Dad again in September so as a father I understand you concerns regarding little uns.
I recommend whisty and honey in tea. Very good for the chest. Or Irish cream in coffee.
All the best mate. :blush:

3 Likes

Many congratulations, mate! :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got coronavirus: Day 7

Symptoms: Bungled-up nose and sneezing (or, irritatingly, not-quite sneezing) just like the previous two days but less so today. No headache, nausea, not struggling for breath, no coughing, no fever. However, sense of taste/smell appears to have abandoned me; Iā€™m unsure as to whether thatā€™s from the bungled-up nose or the COVID-19 but, either way, Iā€™m not bothered. Maybe Iā€™ll take up a lovely healthy seafood diet (I generally donā€™t like seafood) while I canā€™t taste or smell any of it, do myself some good. Mmm, scaly! Son had a slight cough this morning and baby still had a slight temperature too but both are fine this evening, and both have been fine in themselves all day long. Wife is fatigued, says she feels as though sheā€™s spent the previous day overdoing it at the gym and now every muscle is aching.

Big worry of the day: My wife. Sheā€™s definitely struggling more than anyone else today. She still doesnā€™t look at this stage as though sheā€™s going to deteriorate drastically but sheā€™s the major cause for concern at the moment. The school managed to call with a fat round of questions for my son relating to exactly who heā€™d been near last week in class and on his break. Fair enough of course, but none of the questions were, ā€œSo, how are you?ā€ which I found a little galling.

The NHS trace people have only called us twice today. No emails, no texts. Iā€™ll take that.

3 Likes

Loss of taste and smell is a symptom of both the Common Cold and COVID, so itā€™s a real toss up as to what itā€™s from. I remember once when I had a cold I lost all taste sensation and was so bummed out as I couldnā€™t enjoy any food. I feel bad for your wife, and am keeping an extra good thought out there for her. I was real worried about my Mom after her knee operation, but Iā€™m thankful sheā€™s on the mend and getting better everyday, so I can kind of relate to how you feel. School officials anymore can be so shortsighted, so I can feel for your son too. Iā€™ve been out of school now for about 15 years, and feel the administrators then were a lot more caring then they are now.

Hang in there my friend and keep the faith.

2 Likes

Thanks man. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Sounds like typical school receptionist behaviour. No compassionā€¦

Hope the last.caress dynasty turns the corner soon.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got coronavirus: Day 8

Symptoms: Bungled-up nose and sneezing have stopped. Thereā€™s still a sense around my sinuses that Iā€™ve had a cold of some sort, but no significant sign that I have one. The only remaining symptom is zero sense of smell. At no point so far (touch wood) have I felt ill, as such. Same canā€™t be said of my wife who is on day two of feeling very achy, although she feels quite a bit better this afternoon than she did this morning. Her sense of smell has gone, too. Babyā€™s temperature has gone but her toilet has been runny for two days now. Sheā€™s not pooing any more or less than she would be, sheā€™s not off of any of her food or drink and, as ever, sheā€™s motoring around happy as can be. But she hasnā€™t produced a solid stool since Sunday. Son is 100% fine. No symptoms, no aftereffects of any symptoms.

Big worry of the day: Baby. Diarrhoea is always a bit of worry in littleā€™uns at the best of times. Sheā€™s running around, laughing and giggling (and tantrumming from time to time, as his her wont) so I donā€™t want to panic myself unduly but Iā€™ll be happy to see some solid poo in those nappies ASAP.

Today, wife and I have been playing ā€œWhat Canā€™t We Smell?ā€. Taking in deep sniffs of freshly-made coffee, bags of crisps, standing over the kitty litter tray, spraying Lynx Africa at each other. Its a weird/funny sensation. Our tastebuds still work though as I found out after jamming a spoonful of English mustard in my mouth. Its clearly just the sense of smell thatā€™s gone, which obviously affects the ability to taste things to a large degree, but which doesnā€™t affect an irritant like mustard all over my tongue. We tried shots of sambuca too and it still tasted fiery even though we couldnā€™t taste the anise as such. Still, itā€™s made changing the babyā€™s nappies a hell of a lot easier which is probably just as well while sheā€™s got a runny bum. So, swings and roundabouts.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know what to say, Asa, when it comes down to what you are going throughā€¦
I can say this: It is a privilege to know you. I know that you will ALL come through this.

1 Like

"TAKE YOUR STINKINā€™ PAWS OFF ME, YOU DAMN DIRTY APE!!!."

"YOU BLEW IT UP, YOU MANIACSā€¦DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!"

Classicā€¦and I will always love itā€¦

2 Likes

BUTCH CASSIDY & THE SUNDANCE KID (1969)

What a great filmā€¦I remember seeing this at the cinema, with my parents. I then remember it being on BBC1, on Christmas Day, 1975???
It was the time when a tin of ā€˜Quality Streetā€™ was the size of a houseā€¦does anyone else remember that??
Anyway, ā€˜Butchā€™ has always been a favourite. The chemistry between Newman and Redford is magicalā€¦ timelessā€¦and it never fails to deliver on its promise.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s right, 1975 ā€¦ I was at my grandparents house on Christmas day, and we all quietened down to watch the film, which right from the opening looked like pure class.

The reason why it stayed in my mind was the scene when Sundance is waiting at Ettaā€™s place (minor joke!) and he makes her strip at gunpoint ā€¦ I was sweating bullets, as they say here; because any nudity on TV was going to be switched off, or we kids would be sent to bed early.

The sight of Katherine Ross undressing was almost too much tension to bare ā€¦ something the filmmakers could never have envisaged, not because it was sexy, but that I wasnā€™t going see the rest of the movie until I was an adult! LOL Thankfully I got to see the entire movie, which is also an all time favourite with me.

Anyone else notice when Newman is shot during the final gunfight in Bolivia, he shouts ā€˜Fuckā€™, when heā€™s hit ? ā€¦ it happens very quickly and is slightly muffled, but itā€™s defo an ā€˜Fā€™ Bomb :wink:

2 Likes

Same hereā€¦ :grinning:

1 Like

Iā€™ll check that outā€¦cheers, buddy. :grinning:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got coronavirus: Day 9

Symptoms: Sense of smell still absent - Iā€™m led to understand that may take some time to return, if it ever returns - but, apart from that, nowt. Wife a lot better today, slightly achy but basically fine; baby is being a bit fussy but her rosy cheeks suggests to me that another tooth is imminent, her temperature is gone and her poo isā€¦ well, not all the way better but a lot better than itā€™s been; Son is moping around the house like a dying swan but I think thatā€™s because heā€™s been told heā€™s going back to school on Monday (I think he kind-of assumed he would squeeze another week out of this but, no).

Big worry of the day: Is it worth shelling out for Pizza Hut when I canā€™t smell/taste anything anyway? Itā€™s a big worry.

Penultimate day of isolation for me (wife and son can come out on Sunday) and Iā€™m bored enough to fling myself out of the window at a momentā€™s notice. I probably wonā€™t, though. Iā€™m nearly there

3 Likes