Talk Whatever

No one has mentioned the Almeria Western Film Festival 2020, that went ahead last week … the one item of interest to me, was finally seeing a photo of guest, Angel del Pozo, who retired from acting around the mid 1970s … but appeared in some ‘darn’ important SWs

If you don’t recognize the name? … think rapist, child killer in ‘The Big Gundown’, and as Southern dandy bandit, Maximilian de Winton, in ‘Face to Face’ and as the Captain of Richelieu’s guard, in ‘The Three/Four Musketeers’

… and recently in Tabernas

7 Likes

Always thought he looked a bit like Mark Damon.

1 Like

Perhaps the tiniest bit in the ‘Face to Face’ pic, and that would certainly be the type of character Damon would have relished playing.

1 Like

Looking for some good people on here to help @ChrisCasey move, here is his GoFundMe

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-with-minor-car-repair-and-moving-expenses

Got my divorce papers through, today.

Hurting like hell… and have spent the evening re-living the past 31 years.

Not too sure what to feel…a mixture of emotions, that are doing my head in, this evening…

Meanwhile, tonight I phoned two of my brothers, who have each had a kidney removed, due to cancer.
One of them has just had an operation to remove a growth from his remaining kidney, and has come through it with flying colours…

Life is full of ups and downs.

https://youtu.be/btPJPFnesV4

This excellent song seems appropriate for anyone who is not prepared to stay down, and play dead. It’s a song for anyone who is prepared to get up and fight, no matter the emotional, or cost to their soul…

5 Likes

The times will get better my friend, right now you’re feeling low but eventually the silver lining will come through. My Mom had a knee operation this past week, so I too have had some things on my mind as well, and she’s doing great.

2 Likes

For anyone feeling low and uncertain, this song always give me a lift and I hope it will to others

2 Likes

Thank you, my friend. I wish your mum nothing but the very best.
Please pass my smile on to her :grinning:
Also wishing you, and those you love, the best of health, and the best of life.

2 Likes

:smiley:

Hang in there mate, you are made of tough stuff! :+1:

Glad to hear your Mum is doing well mate. It is very concerning at the moment. My Dad had a heart operation at the beginning of the pandemic.

We’ve all been there, mate (well, a few of us have, anyway). I’m going back well over twenty years now, but: My first wife, we were struggling, I couldn’t fathom why, she’d never let me meet her at work, we came back from a short holiday away to a message on our answering machine from some woman telling my wife that just because her husband (ie me) was a nasty violent c#nt that doesn’t give my wife the right to try it on with her husband. My wife had been telling her colleagues that I was hitting her, and she’d been trying it on with a few of the guys there including the head chef of the restaurant (whose wife had left us a message). I left the house by mutual agreement just so’s we could sort things out but with a respectful distance between one another and, one night, she fucked off back to the West Midlands with every stick of furniture in the house. She’d been planning a moonlight flit. And I STILL didn’t know what had prompted all of this. The lies, the attempts at cheating, the running. It wasn’t until the financials started to come out in the subsequent divorce that I learned that she was in considerable debt. She had student loans from before I’d ever met her which I knew about but trusted that she was managing them. Also, every time we’d ever bought anything big like a sofa or a fridge or whatever we’d done it in her name for her to sort out while I paid all of the monthly bills; the mortgage, the electric, the gas, the water etc etc. But she’d not been keeping up with her ends, without telling me, and now she needed her half of a house sale - or a new sugar daddy boyfriend, or both - to help her sort iit all out. The irony is that if she’d just told me, I’d have been pissed at her but we could’ve sold our house in Essex, bought a place up north and probably paid most of her debts with the balance.

But divorce was, in the end, the better option, and it is for you too, mate. It doesn’t matter how young or old you are, nobody should have time or make time for anybody who doesn’t want to be in their life. If there’s anyone in your life - friend, wife, lover, relative, colleague, whatever - who doesn’t want to be in your life or doesn’t want you in theirs, you CUT THEM OUT. Fuck them in the ear. Life’s too short to waste it on wankers and, God knows, this planet is choc-full of them.

You’ll be alright, mate. Maybe not right now and that’s okay. Let it hurt if it hurts. Get it out of you. But you’ll be alright in the end. You will. :+1:

4 Likes

The same thing happened to me in 2015 and I was only 30.

Sorry to hear about your divorce.

I’ve been on a constant horror movie binge (and blu-ray spending splurge) to try and distract myself from my own problems. I am watching very few if any spaghetti westerns but that interest will return eventually.

2 Likes

Thank you, Asa, for your thoughtful, supportive, and encouraging words: and for being so honest about your own past circumstances - a few of which I can definitely associate with. Your comments mean a lot.
Take care, mate. :smiley:
Also, my very best to your family…

Cheers, Andy. A good film doesn’t solve all of life’s problems, but it does often provide a pleasant distraction.
Happy viewing, buddy… :smiley:

2 Likes

So I pre-ordered something on Amazon UK a month ago. The release date was yesterday (Monday), but my order still hasn’t dispatched. What’s the point of pre-ordering something if they’re not gonna send it on release day? Has this happened to others as well?

Reminds me of an Seinfeld episode :slight_smile: But Amazon not sending a preorder on the day of release? Yep tried that several times. Sometimes had to wait a couple of weeks after launch date of something I preordered ages ago.

You may have other things on your mind right now, but: The SWDb is a community of friends, and friends help each other. Our friend Chris is doing an exlusive sale of his album WAY OF THE RECKONING GUN: https://www.facebook.com/chris.casey.9279/posts/10164695322005650. Some of you might be familiar with those tracks, as some of which have appeared in the documentary EUROCRIME!, and in the film SIX BULLETS TO HELL, and more.

If that ain’t your thing, he’d surely be super happy if a few of you contributed to his small fundraiser to help him move https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-with-minor-car-repair-and-moving-expenses Thanks for reading!

2 Likes

Good news for the world, it seems the Mega-Idiot is now, after some hesitation, losing the election.

2 Likes

Yes, the demented, old circus monkey defeated the incompetent and corrupt clown. People didn’t vote for Biden, but against Trump. Good. Hopefully he moves straight to prison, after this.

1 Like