Talk Whatever

"So, if you state your opinion, it’s called ‘free speech’…
If I state mine, then it is called ‘intolerance, and hate’.
“Thanks…I’d forgotten how things work in this democratic country…”

I’m not attacking you. You’re entitled to express your opinion and I’m entitled to express mine, as well.

I never said anything of the sort. I fully support your right to free speech.

I wasn’t having a go at you…simply expressing my own frustration at what is happening in society, and the way that the goddamn system works.

I think the status Quo is to blame.
81fw wxxFZL.SS500

Not that Status Quo.

The political status Quo set to all the various hot topics. Its OK as long as your opinion sits within the accepted narrow margins. Even when you witness things that contradict the status quo it is dangerous to speak about them.

There. I have stuck my oar in.

1 Like

Yeah, good point. I’ll keep my mouth shut

I’ve talked about politics a bit too much here (usually relating to a certain director and his certain book on spaghetti westerns) and I think people did not appreciate it so I try to stay out of the politics talk.

Things are looking up here in the state of New Jersey, stores are starting to open, and I’m able to purchase some items from across the pond. Hopefully this is a sign of more positives to come.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it mate. I missed out on several autographs due to the pandemic, all from sellers in New Jersey. :+1:

I just started a group for collectors of SWs on Facebook, please join! Spaghetti Western VHS & posters | Facebook

2 Likes

I am finding 3 different groups on Facebook ElDavido. What is the correct name of it?

I order from Thalia regularly and have only had good experiences.

Naturally, I can’t say either how well overseas orders are handled.

I’m just enjoying having a few Blackberry-Bourbon Smash drinks while the wife is out getting groceries, hmmmm good stuff. :yum:

5 Likes

Care to share the recipe? Looks yummy

Sure mate!.. This is the recipe i go by-- 2 ounces bourbon , 1/2 ounce lime juice, or 2 lime wedges, squeezed. 5–6 mint leaves, plus 2–3 blackberries all muddled (smashed) 3/4 ounce simple syrup (or one tablespoon of sugar will do) one ounce club soda, cup of ice and you’re good to go. Good luck, Seb.

2 Likes

I don’t think you need to be an intellectual or wealthy just to appreciate and enjoy these films. I am neither of those things and I am also not a film expert. I have read a few books but I don’t consider myself an aficionado. I am in awe of some of the knowledge the people on this forum possess about SW’s. I just consider myself a fan of the genre. It’s great to be a part of this community. My sincere thanks to those of you who keep it running. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I will second that Andy!
As a fan I joined the forum to learn more about the genre. Some guys on here could teach Spaghetti western at University!

3 Likes

After a glass of red, and the rest of my pizza, I’m In the mood for a bit of boogie…featuring the best comedians that ever set foot upon the World’s stage…

Rock on, Stan and Ollie…

https://youtu.be/OfQZqV4CTQs

2 Likes

Another of the great comedy teams my Dad introduced me to when I was a kid.

1 Like

Get them while into spags whilst they’re young! A colouring sheet I made for my daughter.

1 Like

Very nice, my friend!

1 Like