Talk Whatever

I will take your word for it! :cowboy_hat_face:
I saw it in clips I have on a German Documentary on My Name is Nobody.

What’s your opinion on the “play me the song of death” line at the end of OUTITW?

Tricky. Very tricky.

It’s terrible and brilliant at the same time.
When Fonda says it in the flashback, christ, that’s so much better than the original dialogue. It was hard to accept that it was not from Leone, but I somehow think he would have loved it, if someone had proposed that line to him.

As the title of the film it may not sound good translated in English, but then again it sounds pretty good in German, and I think it has helped very much to turn by and by OUTW in Germany into one of the most successful films ever released here.
But compared to the meaning of the original title it is a terrible one.

1 Like

I agree - in general it’s a great title for a Western.

It’s also a damn good Frank line, although I think “Keep your lovin’ brother happy” is more sadistic.

2 Likes

I can envision another Harmonica movie with that title!

All OK, none offers the customer convenience of Amazon but for the most part prices are comparable. No idea how they fare when it comes to international shipping

Despite Coronavirus, so many people, from all walks of life have done as much as ‘lock-down’ permitted, in the past few months, to keep ‘normality’ ebbing along…most especially the emergency services, for which I have nothing but praise.

I raise a partially-filled glass of red, and salute you.

While most of us have been on furlough, or worse, you guys have been ploughing on, putting yourselves, and family, at risk.

A shame then, to see things ‘back to normal’, so to speak, in the last few days…despite the fact that the latest Coronavirus deaths figure (in Britain), has now reached 50,000.

Interesting to see how some people react, when released from ‘captivity’…

Welcome back to:

It doesn’t take much to make life easier for others…just consideration, and a litter bin.

Shocking, positively shocking. :open_mouth: It is really embarrassing. I mean those images are everywhere. People the world over will tut and mutter ‘Dirty English’. And the sensible folk get tarred with the same brush.
I mean come on! Show some restraint! And a lot more consideration!

2 Likes

Let’s start a thread for people who don’t want to offend anyone.

It would be a bit difficult, in this day and age, not to offend someone, or something.

As time is going on, I realise how impossible it is becoming not to offend someone, even if you simply glance at them, or fucking fart in the wrong direction.

Perhaps we should stop breathing, just so that ‘Extinction Rebellion’ can congratulate us; or so that ‘BLM’ doesn’t have an excuse to vandalise Britain’s landmarks.
So, it’s now ok to tear down Britain’s heritage, just to appease mob-rule.
Pricks!

Apologies, this load of twats don’t need an excuse to cause chaos…they would cause havoc in ‘Eden’. Bastards.

Burn Loot Murder?

1 Like

Oof, careful not to say things like that on the other side of the pond, some idiot would hit you lol.

People are crazy over in the US too, here in Seattle we got a bunch of people who took over a city block and claimed sovereignty from the United States

Already experienced a backlash from fellow Brits about my views on the whole matter, so it’s not exclusive to the USA. I’d rather we didn’t discuss politics on the forum to be honest. I come here to escape all the nonsense that surrounds me wherever I go.

4 Likes

Here. Here.
If anybody does it is best done through private messages.

This cannot be condoned but there are democratic routes to go down to have these things removed and rehoused. Not vandalism. That has caused more tension. Within the movement it seems.

No apologies for expressing a view on ‘Talk Whatever’…I was letting off steam.
However, point taken.

Absolutely nothing wrong with expressing your opinions. I’m all for free speech unlike a lot of people these days. It just feels like everywhere is becoming political. I can’t use Facebook without being bombarded with messages about where I stand and why I made such and such a comment, etc. It’s very tiresome.

3 Likes

Understandable.

I’ll send you all a postcard when I arrive in Coventry…

May not decide to stay there too long, though.

Nothing that I said was politically motivated…just a personal opinion, which I stand by.

I hate fu…ing politics,. and I have no time for politicians…

But I do have a lot of time for free speech.

I thought that was the whole idea of ‘Talk Whatever’…is to talk whatever.

After all, some of the most talked about films on SWDB politically motivated…‘A Bullet For the General’; ‘Tepepa’, ‘Companeros’, ‘The Mercenary’, etc.

Are politics only okay, if they are discussed in relation to a SW?

When it comes to real life, we don’t want to know…right?

If we didn’t mention politics, or religion, then a lot of our favourite SW’s would be confined to the bin…

1 Like