Talk Whatever

I’m not sure how many are from the United States, so this might not mean much, but happy 4th of July to all of you!

If you’re from the United Kingdom I guess it’s Happy Treason day lol

1 Like

I’m from the UK but I don’t know anything about important stuff, so happy Wednesday!

1 Like

I haven’t seen scherpschutter in the forums since I have returned…

08lede_khanzir

Well, there he is, but he’s not looking good these days.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

You should urgently delete your post and apologize!

2 Likes

Well just read that Hollywood is going to make a remake of…Sacrilege:

The Wild Bunch

The director Mel Gibson

Yes, we know:

You know with any other director I’d roll my eyes, but with what Gibson showed us when he directed Hacksaw Ridge I think a Wild Bunch remake could be pretty alright.

I love Hacksaw Ridge, have it on blu-ray. If you haven’t, you should check out the HBO series The Pacific.

Just noticed now, these not easy to follow the news and to keep things on track.

Actually I like Gibson as a director, there are some parellelism with Clint Eastwood, Apocalypto is a very good movie, even Get the Gringo than he only write the script was pretty much OK.

But the Wild Bunch

Was there ever such a thing as spaghetti/euro western TV shows back in the original 60s/70s era?

None that I know of, but the American series, ‘The Men From Shiloh’, did have a great theme tune from Ennio Morricone, with a credit sequence that really has a SW style … but then the balloon bursts when the pompous Stewart Granger appears :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for that info, aldo. As usual, your knowledge on these subjects is vast. :+1::grinning:

1 Like

I’ve always liked Stewart Granger’s films, but I don’t really know too much about about him, how exactly is he pompous?

Simply his manner, just as the word is defined.

pompous

/ˈpɒmpəs/

adjective

adjective: pompous

affectedly grand, solemn, or self-important.
“a pompous ass who pretends he knows everything”

synonyms: self-important, imperious, overbearing, domineering, magisterial, pontifical, sententious, grandiose, affected, stiff, pretentious, puffed up, arrogant, vain, haughty, proud, conceited, egotistic, supercilious, condescending, patronizing; informal snooty, uppity, uppish

I like your definition of pompous lol.

Inspired by the fact that Sebastian found me on Facebook and the fact that I’m not much of a regular on forums these days I decided to post a link to my FB page here (beacause I go by a fake name there). So if anyone wants to contact me there or just add me - feel free to do so here .

Cheers everyone :slight_smile:

or via forum private message, why let zuckerberg in on all the dirty talk

Well, I sent friend request to Sebastian many times with no response.