Suicidal Actors

Can you post it please, Farmer?

Sure, just need to dig it out from my room. Once I find it, I’ll post it ASAP

Still getting used to photobucket. Not sure how to share from it to here, its also why I still have not posted photos on Lovelockandload.

Here we are. Finally. ;D

Wicked sideburns !

Luigi Vannucchi (Johnny Yuma, Days of Violence) in August 1978 at age 47, Raimund Harmstorf (California) in May 1998 at age 58.

[hr]

In August 1970 William Berger was imprisoned (together with other people including his wife Carol Lobravico, who died in a psychiatric prison on 14th October '70): the charge was drug possession.

This caused something of a sensation, and about one month later Los rebeldes de Arizona was relased in Italy as Adios Cjamango with The Austrian actor “erroneously” credited as member of the cast…

Berger was released from jail in March 1971.

Very interesting.

Nice one, Farmer.

If you look to the right of the picture you will see four choices. If you copy the fourth one and stick it on the thread it posts the picture :wink:

[url]Photobucket | The safer way to store your photos

Harmstorf committed suicide by hanging himself, Vannucchi ingested thirty sleeping pills and then wait for death in bed reading the book The Labyrinths of the Third Planet.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:88, topic:788”]Nice one, Farmer.

If you look to the right of the picture you will see four choices. If you copy the fourth one and stick it on the thread it posts the picture :wink:

[url]Photobucket | The safer way to store your photos

Cheers.

There’s more: Luigi Vannucchi in L’assurdo vizio (The absurd vice, that is auto-destruction) portrayed for a considerable time - initially on stage (1973-75) and later in a TV-series (1977) - the suicidal Italian poet, novelist, literary critic and translator Cesare Pavese.

The circumstances of the suicide of Pavese, which took place in August 1950 in a hotel room and mimic the last scene of his penultimate book Tra Donne Sole (Among Women Only)?

The writer ingested several sleeping pills and was found dead in bed with his book Dialoghi con Leucò on the night table. To my way of thinking this is really disturbing and cause for reflection about method acting.

A few daily newspaper headlines:

Jonathan - Do any of these aticles give a date of birth more than 1940?

For those who haven’t seen this, I’m posting this comment from actress Cristina Galbo which she placed on my blog about the death of her husband Peter Lee Lawrence.

[My name is Cristina Galbó: Cristina Hyrenbach]

The death of PETER LEE LAWRENCE, born KARL HYRENBACH, is not a mystery. It happened in private and with family, and it certainly was not suicide.

We always wanted to protect our lives from the public attention associated with our work. If I have not spoken before now it was because I always thought that in time, everything would fall into place. But now I am breaking my silence to put an end to the rumors and misinformation that are hurting us, the people who loved him and who always will.

Karl Hyrenbach and Thieme was born on the 21st of February 1944 in Lindau-Bodensee, Germany. An adopted son of France, he spent part of his childhood and youth in Nice. He had three sisters and two brothers.

In 1964, while still a student, he began his career in cinema. We met in 1966, while we were acting together in a film. Karl had a child at that time, born from a previous relationship. In 1968 we met up again off the set. We got married on the 30th of July 1969 and our son David was born on the 4th of May 1970.

In 1972 he began suffering from headaches. Once filming finished on “Boton de Ancla”, he was admitted to the Foundation Jimenez Diaz Hospital in Madrid, where he was operated on by Dr. Sixto Obrador. The surgery was a success, but the report confirmed our worst fears. It was glioblastoma.

In our attempt to use all the resources available to us, we moved to Zurich, where, under the auspices of Professor Wolfgang Horst, Karl began both chemo and radium treatment. Realizing how serious his illness was, we decided to do things we had always wanted to do but never got around to. We had the privilege of living in Tahiti (French Polynesia) for several months, of having lots of time to spend with family and friends, and of enjoying the peace at our home in Rome, and going back to Zurich for check-ups.

On the 12th of February 1974 Karl had a routine check-up with Professor Horst. The results were good, which kept our hopes up. On the 25th of March 1974, Karl was admitted to the Villa Stuart Clinic in Rome with severe stomach pains. He died on a Saturday, April 20th 1974, at ten past three in the morning. He was thirty years of age.

Among the defining traits of his personality, I would have to highlight his dedication to the people he loved, and his anti-conformist attitude, which he maintained against anything he considered unjust. He was very sociable and a polyglot to boot, who used short-wave radio to connect with people’s struggles around the world. But his real passion was scuba diving and everything related to the sea. With his sophisticated equipment and his underwater cameras, he used to spend hours and hours enjoying exploring the seabed. I think David’s dedication to the sea is genetic.

I hope I have dissipated any doubts surrounding his death, because all the facts I have mentioned can be easily proven. I will merely add that those of us who spent the sixteen months of his illness with Karl can attest to his dignity, courage and desire to live and fight with spirit he always showed. I will never forget he used to say “Don’t you worry Pichuqui, I will get over this because I have so many reasons to do so”.

Sincerely, Cristina Galbó]

Date of birth is not specified: in the first article it is said that he’s 38 years old while in the one concerning his death (September 1977) is said that he was 37 years old, so there’s also the possibility that he was born in the last three months of 1939.

Camaso hanged himself in the bathroom of his cell on the evening (shortly after 20) of the 16th of September '77, and not on the early morning as reported in the IMDb biography.

As regards the quarrel, Mazza - together with two passers by - wanted to defend Verena Baer (she was slapped, kicked and even slightly wounded with the stiletto in the middle of the road).

I didn’t know that, I thought he killed himself in prison.

Yes, in the bathroom of his prison cell. Or maybe was bathroom the wrong term?

Few people know that Gian Maria and Claudio’s father Mario Volonté, a Black Brigade leader, died in prison too.

I was tired and took in that it was bathroom but didn’t see you wrote cell :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Senor Corbett. I’ve been trying to find a birthdate for Claudio for decades.