Suicidal Actors

A great list can be make, of suicidal actors

Claudio Camaso
Luigi Pistili
Frank Wolf
Peter Lee Lawrence
Al Mulloch

I keep thinking on Peter L.L. a very young man. Did the cancer went so badly, that he gave up living ?

[quote=“Raph_Alv, post:1, topic:788”]A great list can be make, of suicidal actors

Claudio Camaso
Luigi Pistili
Frank Wolf
Peter Lee Lawrence
Al Mulloch

I keep thinking on Peter L.L. a very young man. Did the cancer went so badly, that he gave up living ?[/quote]

PETER LEE LAWRENCE 1945 - 1974 German Super Star Born Karl Hirenbach

Yes Peter sadly commited suicide on 19th April 1974 in Italy because he thought that
a Brain Tumour was killing him and he felt life was not worth living in such pain/torment

It was not clearly documented if Peter Lee Lawrence actually had the brain tumour or
not , but apparently his wife/Girlfriend Christina Galbo was not fully aware either.

In his short life Peter managed to appear in 30 GREAT/CULT Films , most as leading man . Many of his best/memorable films were SWs or Euro westerns and he was an
elegant, charming, handsome leading actor/star. He was romantic with Erika Blanc.

PETER LEE LAWRENCE is the legend and the cult star NOT that James Dean (3 bad film

Al Mulock-Was one of the three gunmen in Once Upon A Time In The West, committed suicide after doing his scene while still in costume.

Frank Wolf IS DEAD!!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

:’( :’( :’(

Didn’t really know that Luigi Pistilli was on the suicide-list. Been seeing his face in a couple of giallos recently. Damn fine actor.

Erm, Frank Wolff is dead since 1971…

“Sadly, the vastly underrated Frank Wolff killed himself in the Hilton Hotel in Rome in 1971.” (IMDb)

Frank Wolff kill[quote=“Lode, post:6, topic:788”]Erm, Frank Wolff is dead since 1971…
“Sadly, the vastly underrated Frank Wolff killed himself in the Hilton Hotel in Rome in 1971.” (IMDb)[/quote]
He killed himself after his wife found out about his affairs with several women (or something like that).

Officially he cut his own throat but there is a very strong rumour that he cut himself a lot lower because of his guilt.

Erica Blanc has always denied Peter Lee Lawrence committed suicide and that he died of the brain tumor.

Pistilli had a son die a few years before he took his own life. He suffered from depression, had a break up with girlfriend, singer Milva, and had appeared in a play that got terrible reviews. I guess he figured enough was enough and life was no longer worth living.

Some of these stories may make a good film perhaps or in bad taste ?

Well that can take the spirit out of anyone… Thanks for the info, Tom.

William Berger also commited suicide.

More info please! According to IMDb he died of cancer.

This is the first I heard that Berger committed suicide. More information please.
I’m not sure it is known where he died. I’ve seen at least three differenct locations mentioned.

I’m sure I heard it on the SWWB. Maybe not… Didn’t he kill himself because he was terminally ill? Or have I got it completely wrong?

There seems to be some strange rumours about Berger. I’ve heard that he was in jail too but I think that’s not true either.

Yes, I have heard about the ‘Jail’ story…

PETER LEE LAWRENCE

His tragic death is still mysterious but appears to have been a suicide and he is
documented as having had mood swings, fits of depression possibly due to the brain
problems.

I am seeking to find out more if its online somewhere.

Peter Lee Lawrence 's legacy of SWs remains one of the great series of films and
Peter had Millions of devoted fans in Italy, Spain and Europe. :slight_smile:

Millions of fans?
Nobody knows him, at least in Germany.

Great films? The best of his SWs, which I have seen, get’s only a 5/10. And I have seen his better known films, better known amongst SW fans.

No Stanton I think you are talking NONSENSE and playing loud NOISES again… ???

PETER LEE LAWRENCE is a GERMAN SW Superstar and has German DVDS like
Days Of Violence 1968 , A Gun For 100 Graves 1968 and many more being released now. Peter is known and loved all over Europe he is a SPAGHETTI CULT STAR with
17 Spaghetti Western Credits and LEADING MAN in nearly all. He had Looks+ability.

Peter Lee Lawrence was a GERMAN STAR but he became famous in Italy and Spain.

Peter Lee Lawrence is praised and worshipped by MILLIONS of devoted fans in Italy
where he was based it shows by glorious DVD REVIEWS on databases and retailers.
All available online and can be checked with a few clicks.
The main Italian SW database has extremely high PRAISE for Peter Lee Lawrence :slight_smile:

Your reviews are NOT exactly “worth much” when you give things like TGS 68 a "good"
film with a SECONDARY “b” cast high scores. And other doubtful insertions ???
Do you actually speak ITALIAN ?? Or Spanish ? Most of Peter’s Films were in Italian.

I put more faith in EXPERT DVD Reviewers who are ITALIAN and have REAL SW KNOWLEDGE. These Italian SW historians/experts do not give praise lightly, if
Peter Lee Lawrence is described as IL GRANDE (The GREAT ONE/THE BIG ONE) …HE IS.

MOST/ALL of Peter Lee Lawrence’s EXCELLENT SW Performances are worth 8+ out 10
I think your 5/10 is maybe better suited to Terence Hill/Bud Spencer or Thomas Milian.

Do your research and reviewing again because you are off the mark here… :’(