Suicidal Actors

[quote=“Phil H, post:58, topic:788”]Well, I guess my dirty pants are down too because Herzog, Bergmann, Woody Allen are all geniuses as far as I’m concerned and all the Oscar winning films you list…

…are very good films. (Except maybe Rocky and Forrest Gump) In fact One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Lawrence of Arabia and Godfather II are 3 of my all time favourites.

So I guess I’m just a pseudo intellectual posing drama queen too. I hope the wife isn’t too upset when I tell her.[/quote]

Welcome to the club, Phil!!!

[quote=“Phil H, post:58, topic:788”]Well, I guess my dirty pants are down too because Herzog, Bergmann, Woody Allen are all geniuses as far as I’m concerned and all the Oscar winning films you list…

…are very good films. (Except maybe Rocky and Forrest Gump) In fact One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Lawrence of Arabia and Godfather II are 3 of my all time favourites.

So I guess I’m just a pseudo intellectual posing drama queen too. I hope the wife isn’t too upset when I tell her.[/quote]

:smiley: Oh Phil you have also revealed yourself ! “drama queen” eh Phil :smiley:

You see how I expose these “secret tastes” among regulars on SWs Forums :wink:

What amazes me if that I ask myself and have difficulty thinking of HOW …

HOW ::slight_smile: can you honestly like those ehm “oscar” “winners” :-[ and also l LIKE SWs ?

They are surely poles apart and I had difficulty staying awake during those “oscar” zzz

Never mind Phil I will still enjoy the GREAT SWs we all love and your excellent Sw
Reviews always appreciated also.

I am sure your wife will probably like many of those “oscar winners” as they are
rather female orientated dramas , I hope thats a fair comment.

I will concede that Lawrence Of Arabia 62 was quite “epic” and had a lot of sand in it.

:smiley: ;D

INGER STEVENS 1935- 1970 Swedish Superstar Leading Lady of Films/Television

INGER STEVENS another suicide victim at the peak of her excellent career is still
fondly loved/remembered/respected today by millions of fans (myself included) as in
every film/TV series episode Inger Stevens gave a special tender sincerity, innocence,
elegance, enormous acting talent, screen presence, dignified class that made her an icon

INGER STEVENS Career Highlights :

RUN SIMON RUN 1970 Burt Reynolds
MASK OF SHEBA 1969 Walter Pigeon
HOUSE OF CARDS 1969 George Peppard
FIRECREEK 1968 Henry Fonda
FIVE CARD STUD 1968 Dean Martin
HANG EM HIGH 1968 Clint Eastwood
MADIGAN 1968 Henry Fonda
Guide For Married Man 1967 Robert Morse
TIME FOR KILLING 1967 Glenn Ford
BORGIA STICK 1967 Don Murray
NEW INTERNS 1964 Barbara Eden
WORLD FLESH AND THE DEVIL 1959 Mel Ferrer
BUCCANEER 1958 Yul Brynner
CRY TERROR 1958 James Mason

TELEVISION

FARMERS DAUGHTER 1963-1966 Katy Holstrum Over 100 episodes
BONANZA, ROUTE 66, AQUANAUTS, TWILIGHT ZONE ETC ETC as guest star

INGER STEVENS a beautiful, talented, elegant, sensitive actress on screen was
seen as a lonely, sometimes tragic private person who overcame 2 suicide attempts
before finally succumbing to an overdose(sleeping pills) that killed her on 30-4-1970.
Inger Stevens was often romantically linked to her leading men most notably
DEAN MARTIN in 1968 during FIVE CARD STUD 1968 :o :smiley: RIP Inger/Dean

Inger Stevens

Wonderful Inger Stevens Photo Lindberg, many thanks :smiley:

A Young Studio Pose of the delightful INGER STEVENS

PETE DUEL 1940-1971 Suicide ACTOR Star Of Alias Smith & Jones , Films and TV

PETE DUEL a young 31, USA actor popular On TV Western Alias Smith & Jones 71
commited suicide by gunshot on 31-12-1971 , following bouts of depression/alcoholism.

CAREER Highlights PETE DUEL

ALIAS SMITH AND JONES 1971 Ben Murphy
CANNON FOR CORDOBA 1970 George Peppard Giovanna Ralli
A Time For Giving 1969 David Janssen Kim Darby
THE HELL WITH HEROES 1968 ROD TAYLOR Claudia Cardinale

Pete Duel appeared also in Classic TV Series : Virginian, FBI, Ironside, Fugitive etc.

PETE DUEL

The Series ALIAS SMITH and JONES 1970-1972 is out on DVD.
It is OK but a little too light hearted and humour filled to be anything more than fair.

[url]http://spaghettiwesterns.1g.fi/actors/dean/reed.htm[/url]

Dean Reed, too… the nice young gringo from Adiós Sabata… :‘( :’( :cry:
What a pity…

There must be a reason why so many SW actors ended like this… ???

And my precious - poor Claudio… :cry: So sad… a talented boy…
Does anybody know which way he used?

[quote=“Sieglinde, post:69, topic:788”][url]http://spaghettiwesterns.1g.fi/actors/dean/reed.htm[/url]

And my precious - poor Claudio… :cry: So sad… a talented boy…
Does anybody know which way he used?[/quote]

Not sure it’s 100% but i read a couple of pieces that said he hung himself…

Hey Silver, nice new Avatar.
I’d recognise that plastic hair from Return of Ringo anywhere!

[quote=“Phil H, post:71, topic:788”]Hey Silver, nice new Avatar.
I’d recognise that plastic hair from Return of Ringo anywhere![/quote]

Thanks! I was wondering when i was going to read a “plastic hair” comment :wink:

Looks a little Vulcanian… ;D
Mr. Spock.

Poor boy. :’( I can imagine how GMV felt… :’(

NIGEL GREEN South African Born British Leading Actor 1924-1972 Suicide.

NIGEL GREEN’s BEST FILMS :

SKULL 1965 FACE OF FU MANCHU 1965 LETS KILL UNCLE 1966 WRECKING CREW 69

Nigel Green

[quote=“Sieglinde, post:73, topic:788”]Looks a little Vulcanian… ;D
Mr. Spock.

Poor boy. :’( I can imagine how GMV felt… :’([/quote]

Spock! I’m outraged :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Do you have the Koch Media Django box set? Over two discs there is a long interview with Gianni Garko, and he has some interesting stuff to say about Claudio Camaso…

Too bad I don’t have it :frowning:

I want to buy, but not via internet, better to buy it personally… somewhere in Vienna.

[quote=“Sieglinde, post:76, topic:788”]Too bad I don’t have it :frowning:

I want to buy, but not via internet, better to buy it personally… somewhere in Vienna.[/quote]

You should certainly try to check it out somehow… The most info i’ve ever been able to find about the circumstances surrounding Camaso’s imprisonment and death, has been from this interview. Pretty tragic stuff… :frowning:

[quote=“Sieglinde, post:76, topic:788”]I want to buy, but not via internet, better to buy it personally… somewhere in Vienna.[/quote]!

When you found it in Vienna, please let me know where.

Thanks for that info - I have that boxset and will definitely check it out.

Sorry for digging up an old post, but by chance I have a photo I won off ebay from a photo seller, of Berger being taken out of the Italian courts by police. His arms are chained together, and the poor guy looks like death, like he has not slept for days.