Spagvemberfest 2020

Yeah, petting my cat is more entertaining than watching these never-ending shootouts, still better than the interminable fistfights though.

Right, I think his acting was genuinely good in A Train for Durango (1968) though. He was legit funny in that one, something I hadn’t expected at all.

1 Like

Steffen’s spaghettis are acquired taste. He is Frank Zappa of the genre.

1 Like

Decided to try doing a “pick the first SW I see” type challenge, and I ended up with, and I kid you not,

Due Croci a Danger Pass

Has the marque of the standard Marchant family fare, strained familial relationships, years of pent up rage leading to the want of revenge, and of course character driven drama. The version Film&Clips has is the full screen version and the quality isn’t the best, but is still watchable. Not a grand scale effort, but definetely a fun ride that offers B film thrills.

4 Likes

don’t drink monster energy… this shit is worse than cigarettes for your health :slight_smile:

Yeah, it was okay.

It’s badass tho. :wink:

1. Crispino: John the Bastard
    -Film that I had seen but had really no memory at all about it. A bit different kind of western where the anti-hero really is an anti-hero so much that you could say the protagonist is also the villain. It’s an interesting aspect but at the same time you can’t really symphatize for him at all which makes the story rather uninteresting after a while. Gordon Mitchell and the beautiful ending scene improved the filim in last minutes. I saw recent tv-rip that looks really beautiful. 6/10
2 Likes

Yeah, stick to Red Bull.

1 Like
  1. Six Bounty Killer for a Massacre

Yes, I survived. Actually, it was fun. The bank ambush in the latter half is just hilarious, I couldn’t stop laughing.
There’s a guy covering behind two chairs during the gunfight, and no bullet obviously can penetrate that so they blow him up with dynamite.

And it looks like this:

Anyway, I watched it on you tube and this movie has about 250 000 views. Disturbing.
But even more disturbing are comments. Few examples:

“Good western movie, thanks.”

“Awesome.”

“Nice print.” (Okay, the movie really has an exemplary print)

“As an African I enjoy watching these films”

“Please upload Silverado 1985”

“Spaghetti westerns R the best.”

Okay. I mean - who are these people?

3 Likes

Actually, I’ve never drunk RB, perplexing.

They aren’t people. Bots.

Day 3. So far so good. Today’s choice was once again alright. This time the lucky one was Testa o croce, slow pace western in my wife’s opinion. I agree but not dull. No happy ending either wich is something I like in my westerns.

2 Likes

That’s funny it was also my pick for day 3, pretty good film and quite weird in places, John Ericson was good and Carlo Savina’s music was great. I would recommend it!

2 Likes

SPAGVEMBERFEST 2020

Day 3

Bad Man’s River (Martin / 1971)

Very much a supporting role for Garko in this one and, like the rest of the excellent cast, he is badly underused. Been a very long while since I watched this one (well why would you) and although it wasn’t as bad as I remembered it really isn’t very good either. Not by a long chalk. And I think it is the sad waste of talent on show that really grates. Also, the music is just plain awful. A better score could have lifted it no end. Of course, a better script wouldn’t have hurt it either. Oh well. Onward and upward.

3 Likes

wait… which one is that?

Day 4: For a Few Extra Dollars

An average cliché filled film elevated by decent production and a great score.

2 Likes

I will try to watch other members picks. Not Crea’s, Fidani’s and so on. I take this as a marathon, not a way to punish myself. :smirk:

1 Like

Hate this one. What a waste of cast.

You know, the one that can melt your brain.

I know, you probably want me to put there a hyperlink, but, honestly, I can’t do that in this case. Less people know about this movie the better it is for mankind. :smile_cat:

1 Like

ok then for the sake of mankind :slight_smile:

1 Like

SPAGVEMBERFEST 2020: DAY 4

After the deliberate, glacial pace of yesterday’s contemplative slow-burner A Fistful of Dollars it’s time for a much needed jolt of energy into the proceedings, which comes today via the frenetic, almost non-stop actioner A Fistful of Dollars (Leone, 1964). What a rush!

I’ll tell you something: So far, it’s not been too bad at all. I know this is only (!) my fourth watch in as many days but I honestly thought I’d be bored already. The quality of Leone’s gamechanging first spag - whilst a little rough around the edges, certainly compared against what would come from him later - is undeniable, and it’s holding fast. For now.

2 Likes