Spaghetti Western Posters

And often used in SWs.

As often exemplified by Bart Simpson:

;D

[quote=“Søren, post:322, topic:694”]As often exemplified by Bart Simpson:

;D[/quote]
Haha ;D!

I got pretty nice collection of original posters and locandina´s at home, but to my own suprise very little spaghetti western related stuff. I probably should work on that a little bit more…

They look in very good condition.

Yeah, they are pretty well preserved save for a few needle holes and a few little wrinkles. I got them in Amsterdam at a sale at the Amsterdam Film Institute which at the time was busy cleaning up their promo material archive from the 70´s and 80´s. They had tons of authentic promo material stored down in the basement. A dream come true for any collector but of course the most interesting stuff was gone in just a matter of days.

The locandine are nice in the way that they are more handy (33x70 cm) than the big Italian manifesti but still maintain the original artwork. I’ve managed to pick up quite a few spaghetti western ones recently and among them is this one:

Yeah, i personally love those locandina format posters. You can easily fit a few of them next to each other on the wall. Those manifesti are beautiful but having them framed costs a fortune and even then you still need a wall large enough to fit one. Whenever i have the choice i choose for the locandina format.

'got my first MERCENARIO photobustas today. Too late for the recent DVD release, but here they are anyway:

Busta unrestored / bustas restored / 2-foglio poster (100x140cm):

Nice Mike - I know this is a passion for you.
This one literally just arrived a few minutes ago with the post. I’ve been after EL Puro for nearly as long as Gypsy and his gang - and finally tracked him down via France and ebay. I’m thrilled to have this and it’s getting framed pronto.

Very nice. Do you know how many are in the full set? 10?

Have only gotten these 2 SW fotobuste, both from Blood at Sundown :

And nice poster Reverend. Don’t think I have a single poster from El Puro myself.

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:330, topic:694”]Nice Mike - I know this is a passion for you.
This one literally just arrived a few minutes ago with the post. I’ve been after EL Puro for nearly as long as Gypsy and his gang - and finally tracked him down via France and ebay. I’m thrilled to have this and it’s getting framed pronto.

[/quote]

Very nice Sir !

Rev, you should get this one:

Oooo! That is nice 8) - yours BL?
It’s taken me ages to find the one I got - I do like it - Robert Woods looks deranged and a touch ‘psychedelic’ :o (appropriately). I think of the two, I prefer the one I found. :slight_smile:

Thank you Ennioo - I’m chuffed.

How was it restored Mike?

No, I haven’t got any posters. Do search for pics when I do a review, that’s why I found it.
I think it’s for sale at the site that watermarked the image, todocoleccion.net As I remember it wasn’t very expensive, so you might want to give it a try. I hadn’t encountered this artwork for El Puro before. Would make nice companion piece for the one you have already 8)

25 euros + postage. I’ll have to give it a swerve as I’ve got framing and the choirmistress’ birthday coming up. Thanks for the tip though. :slight_smile:

Raise some funds like those American kids with their lemonade stands. Bless the tap water and bottle it.
I can picture you in your white suit selling that holy stuff, haha.

I grabbed that Spanish El Puro poster ;).

Also I bought some posters from Cinecity.

Found some Romanian ones on the net. Interesting artwork.

Especially the RIO BRAVO bit. I LOVE Rio Bravo.