Spaghetti Western Podcasts

Hi Mr. Jennings and Mr. Betts, I have two ideas for your podcast if you’re accepting suggestions: would episodes on Gordon Mitchell’s career and SW’s inspired by and/or adaptations of Shakespearean and Greek Tragedies be possible.

Hope these ideas are OK and thanks again for the fine material you provide.

2 Likes

I second these ideas

2 Likes

I compiled a few quick show notes for tomorrow

1 Like

What a round table!

3 Likes

I thought that this podcast on authors would not be as good as previous ones but it was very entertaining.

I believe the next podcast is SW locations, for the Leone trilogy if I heard correctly?

3 Likes

Looking forward to another great episode tonight

3 Likes

This Friday

2 Likes

My verdict : The one in the middle is the winner, with the left runner up and the right accordingly third place :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right up my street Sebastian!!

1 Like

Please don’t include German titles…

Next up is Peter

1 Like

Can someone tell me what movie the intro score in the podcast comes from?

The only SW’s of Lawrence’s I’ve seen and have on Blu Ray are Garringo and I Giorni della Violenza (Days of Violence), I still wanna get Killer Calibro 32 (Killer Caliber .32) from Koch Media, Killer, Adios from Japan, and El Hombre Que Mato a Billy el Nino (The Man Who Shot Billy the Kid) also from Germany. Lawrence is one of those stars that isn’t forgotten, but I think is still a little under the radar of such icons as Van Cleef, Nero, Milian, and Steffen. I remember seeing a review on the IMDb of one his films and found out he was a huge star over in Cuba during the early days of the embargo period.

1 Like

I didn’t realise he was in that many SWs.

1 Like

Oh man I’m like at least two episodes behind, because its so hot here that I escape to a lake during the weekend :wink:

2 Likes

A friend of my Dad’s got to meet Jack Palance briefly when Palance was visiting family in Pennsylvania.

one thing is for sure: once you fall behind you are gonna have a hard time catching up with all the episodes. I had to skip two or so, and now I am forever stuck in catching up with them… Jay and Tom are like machines churning these things out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me too.

1 Like

I have watched all episodes untill now (youtube follower) and appreciate the work they put into the show.
I tried to find if they have more information about the “book of the week”. Sometimes it is hard to see the book presented. I tried the facebook page and the blog of Tom Betts but without result. It is a pity because the books they present are pretty interesting.

I am looking forward to the next episode.
By the way, I noticed that the announcements here are fading. No more advertising?

2 Likes