Sartana in the Valley of Death / Sartana nella valle degli avvoltoi (Roberto Mauri, 1970)

:wink:

[quote=“p.pereira, post:61, topic:1283”]

;)[/quote]

Nice! Worth showing her again.
Next time I watch the cest la vie version, I’ll print this off so I don’t miss her… :slight_smile: :wink:

I’ve avoided this one for years based on being a shit film and heavily cut.

Since the Rev praises it so much ( well kind of :))) i’ll have to track one down.

[quote=“chameleon, post:63, topic:1283”]I’ve avoided this one for years based on being a shit film and heavily cut.

Since the Rev praises it so much ( well kind of :))) i’ll have to track one down.[/quote]

Never trust god’s men …

Some, but not all of them. ???

Chameleon, this film is on the “Spaghetti Western Bible Sartana Box Set”. It runs only 78 minutes though. I watched it way before I found out it was heavily cut, and hated it. I’d give the film a 2nd chance if I could track down an uncut copy.

I made a fan dub a few years ago, if anybody wants.

Col., I’d like one if it’s not too much trouble :smiley: .

Watched this one the other day, and was not impressed with what I saw. It was boring and lacked charm, although the lead bad guy was my favorite character in the film.
On a side note, William Berger looks a lot like Iolaus from Hercules: The Legendary Journeys. So much so that I kept expecting Kevin Sorbo to show up and bail him out.

2/5 stars.

haha, i hope Berger’s die hard fans are not around

[quote=“chameleon, post:63, topic:1283”]I’ve avoided this one for years based on being a shit film and heavily cut.

Since the Rev praises it so much ( well kind of :))) i’ll have to track one down.[/quote]

Hmmmm… I’m not sure I praised it too much - at your own peril be it. ;)[quote=“Stanton, post:64, topic:1283”]Never trust god’s men …[/quote]

Stanton tells the truth! ;D

Maybe I’m on the minority because I thought the film is rather good and definitely Mauri’s best western. Presence of Berger lifts it up from average Mauri films which don’t usually have any big stars. It’s cheaply made film with many continuity errors and the infamous gravel pit-desert scene (which I loved btw) but it’s all great fun especially if you know you’re watching sw from the campier side of the genre. There’s many great moments: I counted Berger shooting 9 times with his revolver in the scene with Fraco Ressel, last shoot out with the scorpion, girl singing the title song.
I watched the C’est la vie dvd which is heavily cut and you can see it especially on the end which seems hurried on the dvd.

My rating: 3/5

1 Like

It’s not bad. Rated it same as you:

My U.K tape:

[url]http://s260.photobucket.com/user/ENNIOO/media/IMGP1114_zpsf6111ba3.jpg.html[/url]

Nice! Has the same title and artwork as the Dutch Sunrise release.

Cheers :slight_smile: .

Is the longer version worth looking into or is the stuff that’s left out just as bad? What exactly is cut?

The longer version has the extended scene with Berger placing and shooting the Dynamite I think, killing more people, and a couple of extended fight scene.

1 Like

Thanks Farmer.

All the mentioned versions are heavily cut.
The only existing uncut version is the Italian tape on Centauro label, running for 94’38" (PAL).
I posted a VHSrip @ CG.
Some quick and huge differences between Centauro and UK tape: - ATTENTION SPOILER
the master has been manipulated and cut very strangely, creating some weird results sometimes, for example, when at the beginning Lee Calloway (Berger) on his horse is trapped in the city streets by horseback gunmen, he’s able to escape just because he throws some sticks of dynamite on the ground and then shoots them, while watching the UK tape you can’t understand the reason of all the explosions and dust clouds.

Moreover, the sequence in the “valley of death” is almost 5’ longer on Centauro tape. In the UK tape Quanita’s character is almost completely removed, included her love affair and escape with Anthony Douglas’s brother, who is killed by his own brothers and immediately then Lee Calloway appears, while the final gunshot in UK tape starts just after the Douglas bros unearth the box with the gold bars, hence cutting both the love story and the family revenge subplot.