Sartana in the Valley of Death / Sartana nella valle degli avvoltoi (Roberto Mauri, 1970)

Before anyone says anything, the topic which exists on this film purtains to the DVD and seems not to have really gone into the film itself. This one is another one I haven’t seen that interested me because of it’s unique sounding ideas. Having the hero have all the guns stolen from the bad guys and all the horses stolen from the hero. Very interesting I think. Also, I already haveone comment but I wanted a secondopinon. Will the C’est La Vie DVD work on region 1 DVD player if the player also plays region 0?

Database page: Sartana nella valle degli avvoltoi - The Spaghetti Western Database

Region 0 means all regions. If you have region 1 dvd player, it plays region 1 and region 0. No other regions. But of course these are factory settings that you can change. Look up the code on the internet and turn it into a region 0 dvd player, and you’re set to play any dvd.

On the film: Got the C’est la vie dvd myself, but haven’t watched it yet. Mauri’s reputation is not the best, but I enjoyed his Django Adios and, even more, Shotgun.

[quote=“korano, post:1, topic:1283”]Will the C’est La Vie DVD work on region 1 DVD player if the player also plays region 0?[/quote]Hmm, yes I think it should. C’est La Vie dvd’s are region free.

Is the Acquasanta Joe DVD by them region 0 as well? My video store has it marked as PAL region2. Are they wrong?

Yep, region 2. Just checked it.
Haha, funny. I thought this topic was going to be about Sartana in the valley of death, as you explicitly stressed. :smiley:

I guess your right. I just wanted reasurance.

Anyway, is the movie any good or is it bad. I have heard many unfavorable reviews. I’m sure it has some fans.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:5, topic:1283”]Yep, region 2. Just checked it.[/quote]It’s marked as region 2 but it’s actually region free. I haven’t checked all the C’est la vie dvd’s but I believe they are all region free. Or at least they worked on my player when it was modified for region1 discs.

One favorable review on this thread

I’ll check my copy out within the next month and report back to you.

Thanks Pallbearer.

William Berger playing Sartana? How bad can it be? LOL

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:11, topic:1283”]William Berger playing Sartana? How bad can it be? LOL[/quote]Are you just joking? Hedoesn’t really play Sartana. It is in the title formarketing reasons. But you could have alreadyknowthis and just have been joking.

Yes we all know that. But Heck, the inclusion of Berger makes even the worse spaghettis watcheable.

My thoughts exactly until I actually watched the movie :slight_smile:

He wasn’t able to rescue “On the third day arrived the Crow”.

The other way round he wasn’t able to spoil The Big Gundown

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:13, topic:1283”]Yes we all know that. But Heck, the inclusion of Berger makes even the worse spaghettis watcheable.[/quote]Sorry about that. I don’t really get sarcasm. Just ask my dad!

… or The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Because he wasn’t in them?

YES! I think stanton meant to write Face To Face and not The Big Gundown… Was just my way of commenting that …