Sandbox - Try out, experiment, learn!

Use this topic to practice using the new forum. A few things to try are

• Quoting someone by highlighting text and clicking ‘quote reply’
  • Post a picture by uploading it
  • Post a YouTube video by pasting the link (the forum will automatically embed it)
  • Format your text, include links, use bullet points, etc.
  • search within a topic by a) scrolling down or b) using the search bar (which lets you do topic-internal search if you are in a topic)
  • mention someone else by using @ and typing someone’s username
  • liking a post

There are more things to try. Just knock yourselves out. Learning by doing! :smile:

Make sure you read our little Welcome Topic with a few helpful tips and links.

Learn about badges and trust levels in this explainer topic.

So, that’s how it’s done. Great.

1 Like

muhahaha, i’ve just done that too

1 Like

Cool, but what’s the twenty characters thing

It’s a requirement to improve quality of discussion a bit away from people just replying “yeah” :wink:

Yeah, and the quote doesn’t count in that 20, I’ve tried :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let’s try with a couple of YouTube videos.

The first one (December '77) is dedicated to scherpschutter who doesn’t like the hairdo of Femi Benussi in Quintana, the second is epochal: according to Mr. Giancarlo, contestant on a TV game show in the early 1990s, “Amazons won battles thanks to their cunt”… :smile:

Continuing those Oneboxings, here’s a few more content types I wanna try

Simple image link

Imdb Link (thumbnail broken, known problem)

Amazon link

Twitter tweet
https://twitter.com/SWdatabase/status/669883740890537985

Facebook post (edit: nope, doesn’t do anything)

TOP 50 Spaghetti Western “IMDB”

Life [quote=“Admin, post:8, topic:3624”]
a search for love and self via a series of adventures
[/quote]

What’s happened to the SWDB icon on my mobile phone? The logo used to be the same size as all the other icons, now it’s teeny-tiny inside an otherwise blank icon-sized box.

good question. there was no change on the SWDb end though, maybe your OS changed how it handles websites-as-app icons?

thought this was the place to try a onebox. My team winning 2-0 - a little unconvincingly.

My icon has slowly been getting smaller and smaller every day for some odd reason :sweat_smile:
Screenshot_20220916-184708

2 Likes

weird, hasnt been doing that for me… I will check if this is a known issue. Just to check, the two of you reporting this please state your android version number(s)

edit: this is a known bug :slight_smile: Android app icon shrinking over time - #13 by Falco - support - Discourse Meta

I uninstalled, reinstalled, and it fixed itself. Must’ve been a glitch, or an android update that didn’t like the icon or something.

Where do you download the app from again? It’s been a hot minute since I originally downloaded it

it’s not an app, it’s like a shortcut. So if you have the SWDb open in your mobile phone’s browser, some context menu should give you an option to “add to home screen” or something similar

Ah so that’s why I couldn’t find a download link. Got it now, thanks!

1 Like