Raise Your Hands, Dead Man, You’re Under Arrest / Un dólar para Sartana / Su le mani, cadavere! Sei in arresto (Sergio Bergonzelli / León Klimovsky, 1971)

I picked up the soundtrack to this a while ago. It got to me , I guess but it has some great guitar work.

I need to re-watch this one again, it’s been a long while.

So if the picture in the DB is correct the engineer working for PLL is Leon Klimovsky!

1 Like

Absolutely correct*, to be extra sure I checked Yo la vi Primero (1974)

*unlike the picture of Canevari linked below, I take this opportunity to point this out

1 Like

Are the Wild East and the Koch releases the same cut? I noticed a 4 minute difference. Could this be due to different frame rates?

3 Likes

Nice posters! Great little film, as well, with a nice soundtrack.

great posters !

one of my favorite shot in these italian westerns is the POV shot… especially when firing a gun.

1 Like

Will fit this one is tonight, between ‘Johnny Hamlet’, the news, and ‘Friday the 13th, pt. 3’.

2 Likes

Watched this as my sixth film during 2019 spagvember. These were my comments then:

su%20le%20mani

This one starts out at the ending of the civil war, a union officer shooting wounded confederate soldiers. And it really gets off on the right foot, accompanied by an interesting Alessandroni score. Then halfway through it drops, and eventually collapses into a farce. Why?? At the end it seems nobody cared anymore; the two rangers ride out of the picture, and in come COWS, as the camera goes to some snowclad mountains. Still the best so far this spagvember.

6/10

Amazon Prime UK has a decent little selection of early 70’s spags with varying picture quality so I randomly decided to throw this one on seen as though I enjoy Peter Lawrence. Really wasn’t expecting much from this one but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Kid and Dollar were cool characters and there were plenty of shootouts to keep me entertained. The score was really good too.

1 Like

A HD version of this briefly appeared on the YouTube film and clips channel, before being taken down. Did anyone download it? Thanks.

2 Likes

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2022 thread:

1 Like

Think I’d agree with most of the criticisms other users have mentioned, but I’ll always appreciate that this Spaghetti Western as it seems to be one of the few to utilize Peter Lee Lawrence’s charisma. The Spaghetti Western podcast was right when they said he has a bit of James Cagney to him.

2 Likes

The film’s page in the database has been updated to the new layout. Let us know if you see any mistakes. Please submit links, reviews, facts and info, as well as pictures.

I just watched this one again.
If someone could update the main page: Su le mani, cadavere! Sei in arresto

At least some of the “filming locations” were set at:
Ciempozuelos
Colmenar Viejo

Thanks,

1 Like

From the liner notes of the upcoming home video release, translated via DeepL:

Behind the title “Sando Kid speaks the last Hallelujah” and behind the name of the old León Klimovsky is the project “Sartana Story”, postponed several times, which envisaged the return of Sergio Bergonzelli to the Western genre. Finally, Aldo Sambrell himself remembers Bergonzelli as director of the film, as well as screenwriter and producer. On March 2, the director claimed in a film magazine article that he wanted to sue Kinski for not honoring the contract with Sara Film and hiring Peter Lee Lawrence in his place. Four days before the shoot, Klaus Kinski simply dumped him to shoot another film in Czechoslovakia. After all the contracts were finalized, especially with Kinski’s name, Bergonzelli had to change the story overnight and got another actor who wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t Klaus Kinski. Since it was a co-production with the Spanish Dauro Film, Spanish actors like Aldo Sambrell and Tómas Blanco are also in the cast, as well as Espartaco Santoni and Helga Liné. In the end
Bergonzelli disappears as the film’s official director and is replaced by León Klimovsky, who is probably mentioned in the credits due to co-production constraints or funding.

1 Like

Yep I will be pre-ordering this too, keep them coming EM!!!

2 Likes

This one has now been updated with A NEW POLL to vote on at the top of the page under the original post. Please find it and share your rating with the community.

As usual, link to forum page has also been added / fixed, poster art added, and broken links removed. The original member’s post is as intended, at the top section.

Any issues, please say.

1 Like