R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

Very sad to hear.
Hopkins was a proper face of the American westerns of his era.

4 Likes

BO HOPKINS R.I.P.

One of the most memorable character actors out there, especially in iconic oaters such as ‘The Wild Bunch’ and ‘The Culpepper Cattle Company’. I only recently watched him in the Lee Marvin/Jack Palance Western, ‘Monte Walsh’…a great loss to the acting world.

4 Likes

Jean-Louis Trintignant has passed away.

7 Likes

Ah, really sad news. RIP Silence.

4 Likes

Great actor. Very sad to hear of his passing.

4 Likes

What a life’s work… RIP

3 Likes

Just saw on the IMDb that Silence himself, Jean-Louis Trintignant, passed away at 91, very sad to hear. What a very diverse and unique career he had though, everything from art films to entertaining genre films to even the occasional sex fueled romp/drama. While it looked on the surface he only had passive expressions on his face, Trintignant had much more going on underneath. RIP to a fine actor.

2 Likes

Great actor. Very sad news. RIP

3 Likes

JEAN-LOUIS TRINTIGNANT, R.I.P.

’Adios, Silenzio…'

6 Likes

I read not too long ago that he was still shooting a new movie? But by the age of 91, it’s quite OK to pass away.

So, all of the prominent people involved in The Great Silence are dead now? Corbucci, Morricone, Kinski, Wolff, Pistilli, McGee and Trintignant? It’s always very sad when the last connection to something leaves us.

You might know from some of my posts that I’m no as big a fan of Silence as most others are, but I feel like I should give it another watch now, just to pay my respects…

4 Likes

He was fantastic in Michael Haneke’s Amour, only ten years ago.

RIP, Silenzio

4 Likes

How did I miss this? RIP Silence.

3 Likes

FRANK WILLIAMS, R.I.P.

British actor, Frank Williams, who was probably best known for playing the Rev. Timothy Farthing in the classic long-running BBC TV comedy series, ‘Dad’s Army’, has died at the grand age of 90.
Not only did he play the part in the entire series, but also in the 1971 film ‘Dad’s Army - The Movie’.
He returned to the role for the inferior 2016 remake, which starred Toby Jones and Bill Nighy.

R.I.P…

2 Likes

R.I.P …Great Silence.

3 Likes

R.I.P. Cuneyt Arkin star of the turkish westerns Kanunsuz kahraman and Kucuk cowboy. And hundreds of other turkish films including the famous Man who saved the world aka Turkish Star Wars.

1 Like

R.I.P to the amazing James Caan

6 Likes

A good innings but terrible news nonetheless. Loved James Caan in just about everything in which I saw him.

RIP

4 Likes

Undoubtedly, one of the all time greats. R.I.P.

2 Likes

Oh noo :frowning:

1 Like

JAMES CAAN, aged 82, R.I.P.

Adios to a true cinematic legend…From ‘El Dorado’ to Sonny Corleone, and from Jonathan E to ‘Misery’…So many iconic roles to choose from, with which to commemorate a life well lived.

R.I.P.

7 Likes