R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

I always enjoyed her in Alias Jesse James with Bob Hope, and her singing was fabulous. RIP to another of the grand ladies of entertainment.

3 Likes

Bobby Ball, comedian.

Bobby Ball, who was one half of the popular 1980’s British comedy team, ‘Cannon and Ball’, has died at the age of 76, after being tested positive with Covid-19.

Thanks for the laughs, Bobby.
"Rock on, Tommy…"

2 Likes

Never heard of this duo before, but it’s still a shame that one of them is no longer with us. I’m sure he was a funny man.

2 Likes

Haven’t thought about these guys in years, and perhaps because their style of comedy wouldn’t be considered very fashionable now … but as a kid I thought Bobby Ball was hilarious. Sad news.

2 Likes

A good point, especially from someone who didn’t know their act.

Another half of an act to depart, this year, following on from Eddie Large, from ‘Little and Large’.

Keep 'em laughing in Heaven, Bobby and Eddie… :smiley:

Oh damn… RIP Sean Connery

3 Likes

The greatest James Bond!..RIP Mr. Connery.

3 Likes

Wearing my Zardoz outfit for the rest of the day, as tribute.

RIP to the best Bond.

3 Likes

What a crap year to be a Bond fan. The original and best James Bond. gabh fois ann an sĂŹth sir Sean.

3 Likes

Sir Sean Connery, aged 90. R.I.P.

"Shocking, positively shocking…" (Goldfinger, 1964)

Farewell to the original, and, in many ways, the best James Bond. A true cinematic icon, who simply oozed charisma.
He not only appeared in my favourite 007 adventures, but also delivered superb performances in ‘Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade’, 'The Name of the Rose, ‘The Hunt for Red October’, ‘The Untouchables’, ‘Murder on the Orient Express’, ‘The Man Who Would Be King’, ‘The Molly Maguires’, and ‘Marnie’…to name but a few.
One of his best performances was as the mentally-scarred policeman in Sidney Lumet’s ‘The Offence’ (1973), in which his character’s interrogation of a suspected child-molester leads to tragic circumstances.

Goodbye, Sir Sean. Thank you for leaving us with such a monumental body of work, which demands many repeated viewings.

4 Likes

My Mom always had on crush on him, luckily my Dad was never jealous :wink:; such a charismatic and charming man. For me he’ll be both James Bond, and Henry Jones Sr., father of my childhood idol Indiana Jones. RIP Sir Sean.

3 Likes

R.I.P. Sir Sean Connery…took a break from the horror films tonight to watch Goldfinger.

3 Likes

‘Goldfinger’…A great choice, and a fitting tribute for Sir Sean, as well as for the recently-deceased Honor Blackman, and Margaret Nolan.

4 Likes

I always presumed you wore that every day Asa

2 Likes

Indeed, sir. But that day, I wore it as tribute. Today, I’m wearing it to nip to Tesco for a quorn sausage.

3 Likes

I watched FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, Sean’s favourite Bond film.

1 Like

Geoffrey Palmer, R.I.P.

London born, Geoffrey Palmer, known as much for his hangdog expression, as for his TV roles in such sitcoms as ‘Butterflies’, ‘As Time Goes By’, and ‘The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin’, has died peacefully, at home, aged 93.**

The comedy, ‘As Time Goes By’, paired him with Dame Judi Dench; a partnership that they then revived in the James Bond film, ‘Tomorrow Never Dies’ (1997).

His early television roles included appearances in ‘The Saint’, ‘The Avengers’, and as the sausage-craving doctor in the classic ‘Fawlty Towers’ episode, ‘The Kipper and The Corpse’, in 1979.
He later reunited with John Cleese, in the comedy film, ‘Clockwise’ (1986).

“I’m a doctor,and I want my sausages!” (Fawlty Towers’)

https://youtu.be/zJ4U5tQ6Ke8

R.I.P., Geoffrey Palmer

2 Likes

Found out today we lost the comic Norm Crosby and Jeopardy Game Show host Alex Trebeck. RIP to both these gentlemen.

1 Like

French painter Yves Thos, best known for his scores of film posters and comic-book covers, died last month, on October 13. He was 84 years old.

French posters for Terence Young’s From Russia With Love (1963), Sergio Corbucci’s Il grande silenzio (1968), Eugenio Martín’s El hombre de Río Malo (1971), and Maurizio Lucidi’s Si può fare … amigo (1972)

5 Likes

Though I didn’t know the name, I’m familiar with his artwork, which is really first class. Another good man gone . R.I.P.

2 Likes