R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

Just learned that John Saxon died a few hours ago at age 83, luckily COVID didn’t get him, but Pneumonia did. RIP to one of the best character performers out there.

3 Likes

Oh no!! :open_mouth:
Oh the man is a legend!! That is such sad news. He lifted each film he was in to a new level of cool in any genre. A real class act too.
Rest in peace John. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Just learned that Olivia De Havilland, the last of the Golden Age period of Hollywood, most famous as Errol Flynn’s leading lady and Lady Marion to his Robin Hood, has passed at the very grand old age of 104.

Her passing marks the end of that great Age of Films

RIP Dame Olivia, you’ll be greatly missed, but never forgotten.

3 Likes

Sigh the Queen of Hollywood. Dame Olivia’s legal battles against the studio systems in the 30s and 40s gave actors and actresses many of the freedoms they enjoy today.
Here’s to a brave and talented lady who will always have a place in my heart as the definitive Maid Marion.
Rest in Peace.

2 Likes

JOHN SAXON, R.I.P.

Such a talented actor…great in ‘Joe Kidd’, '‘The Girl Who Knew Too Much’, and ‘A Nightmare on Elm Street’.
Only days before his death, I watched him perform excellently in Bruce Lee’s ‘Enter the Dragon.’

3 Likes

Neil Brand discussed the unique rejection of a Morricone score (in favour of an earlier Morricone score) in this week’s Film Programme (BBC 4).

CHADWICK BOSEMAN, R.I.P.

Chadwick Boseman, who so excellently portrayed ‘Marvel Studios’ ‘Black Panther’, has died of cancer, aged 43.
He was diagnosed with colon cancer four years ago, but had not made the information public.

Boseman came to prominence playing real-life figures - baseball great Jackie Robinson in 2013’s ‘42’, and soul singer James Brown, in 2014’s ‘Get on Up’.

However, it will be as the titular Black Panther in the blockbuster 2018 film he will be best remembered.

A tragic loss, indeed, to lose such a talented actor, and at such a criminally young age.
R.I.P.

2 Likes

Oh man! What a tragedy. Rest in peace son. So sad, what a talent to lose. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

A rising talent gone too soon, RIP.

Gutted to read that the wonderful Dianna Rigg has passed away.

Bond girl, Avenger and classical stage actress. She was sublime.
R.I.P.

3 Likes

Oh, no :cry: I had such a crush on her. She was so great in The Avengers and they paid her squat, so unfair.

What a grand actress and a fine lady. So sad to see her go. RIP.

1 Like

Yeah, me too. Major boyhood crush

1 Like

And don’t forget Theater of Blood. One of my favorites. RIP

2 Likes

Dame Diana Rigg, R.I.P.

Goodbye to a true talent, and a wonderful personality.
First, and foremost, a stage-actress, Dame Diana is perhaps most fondly remembered as Emma Peel (Man appeal), in the classic TV series,‘The Avengers’.
Opposite Patrick MacNee’s debonair ‘Steed’, she was as sexy as they came, and I, too, had a school-boy crush on her.

As the ill-fated Mrs James Bond, in ‘On Her Majesty’s Secret Service’, 1969, she shone alongside George Lazenby, whilst putting her Avengers training to good use, by kicking ass in Blofeld’s hide-out.

As well as her fine performances in the films ‘Theatre of Blood’, ‘The Assassination Bureau’, and ‘Evil Under the Sun’, Dame Diana was equally adept at turning her hand to comedy, as witnessed when she appeared on a ‘Morecambe and Wise’ Christmas show.
A genuine all-rounder…

R.I.P. Dame Diana Rigg…

4 Likes

So saddened to hear of her passing. An intelligent, elegant and talented woman who was every inch a Dame! A Yorkshire lass too! We will never see her like again.
Rest In Peace dear Diana.

2 Likes

Margaret Nolan, R.I.P.

James Bond actress, Margaret Nolan, who not only briefly appeared in 1964’s ‘Goldfinger’, as masseuse ‘Dink’, but was also famously painted gold for the iconic opening credits sequence, has died aged 76.

She also appeared memorably in several ‘Carry On’ films, ‘No Sex Please, We’re British’, and ‘A Hard Day’s Night’. Her many TV appearances included ‘Steptoe and Son’, ‘The Sweeney’, and ‘The Persuaders’.

R.I.P, Margaret Nolan.

1 Like

Oh boy this hurts. HONOR, DIANA, CLAUDINE and now Margaret. What a shame to lose another Bond icon.
Rest In Peace Margaret.

2 Likes

A terrible shame. In her heyday Margaret Nolan was absolutely gorgeous.

RIP

4 Likes

Rhonda Fleming passed away last Wednesday, October 14. She was 97 years old. In the course of her long career, Fleming appeared in a dozen Westerns, including John Sturges’s Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957), which is probably the best known among them.

3 Likes

A real stunner in her day. R.I.P, Rhonda.

3 Likes