R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

Linda Cristal, best known to Western aficionados for her roles in John Ford’s Two Rode Together and the television series The High Chaparral, died last Saturday, June 27. She was 89 years old. Obituary: NYT.

1 Like

R.I.P., LINDA CRISTAL

Sad news, indeed.
As Victoria’, in ‘The High Chaparral’, she was one of the most compelling reasons for tuning into the series each week. She also gave John Wayne a run for his money, in ‘The Alamo’, 1960.
A truly lovely lady. R.I.P.

4 Likes

Hasta luego, guapa!

1 Like

I remember this lady, such soulful eyes.
Rest in Peace.

1 Like

I too enjoyed her in High Chaparral, and as Charles Bronson’s partner in Mr. Majestyk. A lovely actress and a lovely woman, RIP

2 Likes

Very true

1 Like
2 Likes

It is a time of Great Silence now. Thank you Ennio!

3 Likes

God bless him. His music is Immortal, the sound unique. Morricone’s symphonies define an era and have inspired generations. We are so lucky to have had him. Rest in Peace Maestro.

3 Likes

A good innings but it’s a great loss nonetheless. He was still working, wasn’t he? Touring and such? The word “genius” is bandied about far too often these days - everyone from Simon “Trousers” Cowell to that prat who makes overrated vacuum cleaners is a “genius”, apparently - but Ennio Morricone was the real deal. He’ll take his place among the great classical composers and will still be listened to and marvelled over in 200 years (assuming humans are still around in 200 years).

RIP

4 Likes

Just heard the sad news - Adios Ennio - he kept playing to the end

2 Likes

Among the saddest news ever… as if this year wasn’t bad enough already. Rest in peace, maestro. So happy I got so see him live, twice

3 Likes

The greatest. Mt. Everest among composers. Morricone wiill live with us forever. Adio Maestro.

4 Likes

Just read the news. Feel very sad about it. So many beautiful scores. Had the chance seeing him conduct a few years ago. A great and true musician :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

91 years old so this is news we all knew would come sooner or later but that still doesn’t soften the blow somehow.

The man was a giant and will never be surpassed.

As Asa said, his music will be played as long as humans walk the earth but, just for today, I will play nothing else.

Grazie Maestro.

6 Likes

R.I.P, ENNIO MORRICONE

Other members have pretty much summed up the sense of loss that I now feel.
Il Maestro’s music, especially from ‘The Dollars Trilogy’, helped me through many bad patches, especially when I was younger, and has remained an integral part of my life.
R.I.P., Ennio… We will never see genius like yours again.

4 Likes

By coincidence, it was my birthday yesterday and, amongst other things, my wife got me this double vinyl album.

https://amzn.to/2ZEi87q

I’ll be playing it all today

2 Likes

A belated Happy Birthday to you, Phil. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks mate

1 Like

finally unwrapped this today, which my dad got me for my bday… needless today I never thought it would be for that occasion

https://amzn.to/2BL21gv

4 Likes