R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

Nobody posted it in here yet… RIP

93 years old… wow. Either way, RIP.

1 Like

Yep … a genuine SW legend - seemed like a nice guy from the interview I saw, on ‘Adios Sabata’, I think.

Adios, Frank Kramer!

R.I.P. Gianfranco Parolini.

Think i’ll watch Sabata tonight, it’s been awhile.

1 Like

Quite an age. I remember him saying he was completely anti alcohol and smoking.

Not a bad idea at all, LG.

RIP Gianfranco

Ah man, horrible news… I literally just checked to see how old he was a few days ago…

Harry Dean Stanton passed away as well , bummer

yea last September

I just found out last week , where I read it , the little story was lumped in with R Lee Ermy , and Milos Foreman . My apologies

“And he couldn’t do it. He could not fucking die. How could he leave? How could he go? Everything he hated was here.” – Philip Roth died two days ago, on May 22, at the age of eighty-five. The final curtain on Sabbath’s Theater.

Big Clint Walker passed away… R.I.P. “Cheyenne”

Sorry to hear that. Always thought this gentle giant was underated. His performances were understated and subtle and his stature, looks and fabulously deep timbred voice were extraordinary. In short, he was made to play the cool, laconic Western hero archetype.

I’d love to have seen him in a few good Spaghettis. First encountered him playing a very beguiling werewolf, probably in a made-for-TV drama.

I just found out about Clint Walker an hour ago when my Mom called to tell me.

Eight days ago I had sent him an email, but it came back as undeliverable a few days ago. Later I sent another email to his other address and it also came back. He was gone by then. I will remember our correspondence over the years with fondness. He was a great guy. I’m so glad to have a photo of Cheyenne riding Brandy-- inscribed to me by Clint Walker-- on my wall.

I thought that he deserved more major roles than he got. For me he was the quintessential Western hero.

On Tuesday (he passed away on Monday, unknown to me) I was watching my last recorded episode of “Cheyenne” (“The Brand”) before we get rid of the cable tv (almost all garbage IMO). When it was over I said, “Goodbye, Cheyenne.”

3 Likes

So weird since I was talking about Clint Walker the day he died and then found out. R.I.P.

Cinematographer Robby Müller died at seventy-eight. During his long career, he worked with notable directors such as Wim Wenders, Jim Jarmusch, Lars von Trier, William Friedkin, Alex Cox, Barbet Schroeder, Peter Bogdanovich, Roberto Benigni, Andrzej Wajda and Edgar Reitz. His contributions to the Western genre were Dead Man and Carlos.

1 Like

An amazing cinematographer, one of the greatest. RIP.

Steve Ditko, creator of Spider Man has passed away.

Very sad. Apparently, he died in New York on June 29 and was found dead in his apartment by a social worker. Extensive obituary on tcj.com, the Comics Journal’s website.

I have read that. Very sad to end your life so lonely. I understood he wanted to live his live in the shadows.