R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

Terrible news, this. One of the very best, one of the most charismatic, one of my all-time favourites.

RIP

Sad news

I never though the was 84, so used to see him as young man on screen. One of the greats in ou genre.

RIP

Terribleā€¦ man that really sucks. Any time I saw Tomas in interviews he was so full of life and energy.

Claudio Fuiano mentioned on facebook that he called Stelvio Cipriani regarding Tomasā€™ passing. Hereā€™s what Mr. Fuiano wrote:

Few seconds ago I have phoned Stelvio Cipriani for informing him of Tomas Milianā€™s death. He was very very very sad of this tragic unexpected news and he kindly asked for me to write this here to inform all his fans and friends on FB: ā€œThank you Tomas! My film music career really started when you invited me to follow you in Spain for meeting the producers of the western movie ā€œThe bounty killerā€, my first film score in 1966. Iā€™ll never forget what did you do for me! Ciao e grazie amico Tomas!ā€ Stelvio

1 Like

Thatā€™s surprising there is nothing. Then again, his autobiography that came out a couple of years ago wasnā€™t translated into English. His profile in the US was definitely more low-key.

His near death experience on Django Kill is still one of the most amazing stories Iā€™ve ever heard.

R.I.P. Tomas Milian. Very sad to hear he has passed away.

Horrible news. He was genuinely one of the greats for me.
R.I.P Tomas

I honoured the man with an obituary including a short (movie) biography :

6 Likes

What is this story? Iā€™ve never heard of this before. Is it a part of the Blue Underground interview?

[quote=ā€œVanEyck, post:1410, topic:1512ā€]
Is it a part of the Blue Underground interview?[/quote]

Yeah Itā€™s one of three Easter eggs on the Blue Underground DVD. They kept them off the blu-ray for some reason.

Basically he admitted he caused a lot of animosity on set, so one day his face was very nearly obliterated by a light during the love scene. And he was certain it was a technician trying to murder him, and subsequently never did check the credits incase he recognised any names.

1 Like

For me Milian is the great talent of the entire genre. A great talent in many other genres too.

Itā€™s a pity he never really got the recognition in the English-speaking world. Even with his strong accent he always seemed very natural speaking English and really should have had a major career.

Greetings all. Iā€™ve been away from the site for quite a while, but I heard of the sad new of Tomasā€™ Passing. Thankyou for the passionate performances from your films Mr Milian. I canā€™t choose a favorite film because I have so many. It was quite upsetting to hear this news, but 84 is a hell of a great age. RIP

1 Like

Just heard from Simon

1 Like

Thanks Giorgio, R:I:P:

And R.I.P. Tomas

Italian Database Tribute

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad I have the German release of Ruthless Four. A very great slow burner western, and another legend has left us. RIP Giorgio.

Just in the past few daysā€¦

R.I.P.
Carla Leone
Giorgio Capitani
and nowā€¦the great Tomas Milianā€¦

Unfortunately, we are now at that stage, in life, where we shouldnā€™t really be surprised, when ā€˜Spagā€™ stars of yester-year begin to fade, and die.

However, still a massive blow to the heart, every time that we hear of a ā€˜starā€™, from our favourite genre, falling to earthā€¦

A BIG thank you to all three, and especially to Tomas Milian; who - in my humble opinion - featured very prominently on my ā€˜Greatest Actors everā€™ list.
Self-opinionated, perhaps, but as an actorā€¦the very best!

R.I.P.
Carla, Giorgio, and Tomasā€¦

[quote=ā€œFarmer_J, post:1417, topic:1512ā€]
Iā€™m glad I have the German release of The Ruthless Four[/quote]

The Koch DVD? Iā€™m watching that right now, great stuff.

Just heard from Tom Bettsā€¦

Alessandro Alessandroni has just died, aged 92.

Will post more laterā€¦