R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

Yeah, it’s been a rotten week hasn’t it? Milian, Capitani and now Alessandroni.:sob:

1 Like

Only just heard of this now and I’m gutted. RIP Tomas-One of the most criminally overlooked actors ever.

Watching some live Alessandroni performances on YouTube… what a guy :cry:

Same, I used to be able to play some of his work back in my teens, but I stopped playing a few years ago. Watching him makes me want to start again.

1 Like

This has (pardon my French) been a bitch of a week.!!

We have lost so many…!

ALESSANDRONI -“El Puro (suite)”

Alessandro’s death hit me pretty bad, I looked up to him for his amazing artistic abilities and his choir. Really gut wrenching…

2 Likes

RIP Alessandro. I have multiple soundtracks of his on my Ipod, some from years ago, and he done some amazing songs. Its been a really sad couple of weeks for Italian cinema.

Easily justified. I hope Carla, Tomas, Giorgio and Alessandro all rest in peace.

RIP Alessandro. Morricone scores and the like would not be the same without the guys input for sure.

2 Likes

R.I.P. JOHN SURTEES - Champion of champions.

A belated goodbye to the great John Surtees, the former Formula 1, and Motorcycling World Champion, who died in March, aged 83.

This remarkable gentleman, was the only driver/rider, to win the Grand Prix World Championship, on both two wheels, and on four.

He won four 500cc motorcycling titles - in 1956, 1958, 1959 and 1960; and the F1 crown with the Ferrari team, in 1964.

R.I.P. John Surtees.

RIP Don Rickles. One of the greatest.

R.I.P. DON RICKLES. (aged 90).

Saddened to hear about the legendary, Don Rickles… one of the all-time great American comedians.

As well as the voice of ‘Mr. Potato Head’, from ‘Toy Story’, the role that I’ll always remember him for, is that of ‘Crapgame’, in the 1970, Clint Eastwood ‘WW.2’ actioner, ‘Kelly’s Heroes’, also starring Telly Savalas and Donald Sutherland…

R.I.P. Don Rickles.

Tim Pigott-Smith, (actor).

Renowned British actor Tim Pigott-Smith, has died, aged 70.

Probably best known for starring in the Eighties TV mini-series, ‘The Jewel in The Crown’, he also appeared in TV’s, ‘The Chief’, and in ‘Winston Churchill: The Wilderness Years’.
Among his film roles, were ‘Quantum of Solace’, ‘Remains of the Day’, and ‘Gangs of New York’.

R.I.P. Tim Pigott-Smith.

R.I.P. CLIFTON JAMES.

The distinguished actor, Clifton James, has died, aged 96.

Perhaps best known for portraying the Louisiana Sheriff, J.W. Pepper, in the 1973 James Bond epic, ‘Live and Let Die’, he went on to again portray the character in the next Roger Moore Bond, ‘The Man With The Golden Gun’ (1974).

Among his many other film appearances, were: ‘Cool Hand Luke’ (1967); ‘Will Penny’ (1967); ‘Juggernaut’ (1974), and ‘Invitation to a Gunfighter’ (1964).

R.I.P. CLIFTON JAMES.

Or…In the immortal words of ‘Sheriff J.W. Pepper’…

“I take it this ain’t exactly your debut at this sort of thing. You picked the WRONG parish to haul ass through BOY! NOBODY cuts and runs on Sheriff J.W. PEPPER! And it’s him who’s speakin’ by the way.”

1 Like

RIP Clifton.

“SECRET AGENT?! ON WHO’S SIDE?!”

1 Like

He did well to get to that age, with him being a big set man.

RIP Gustavo Rojo

1 Like

RIP Michael Parks

Played crossover character Texas Ranger Earl McGraw in several Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino movies (From Dusk Till Dawn, Kill Bill in which he played a couple of roles, Planet Terror, Death Proof) and starred in a couple of Kevin Smith films too (Red State and Tusk; in fact he was the only reason to watch either of those movies tbh) among many other roles besides. He was 77.

2 Likes

Remember him best from his Jean Renault role in Twin Peaks. Excellent actor.

1 Like