One Silver Dollar / Un dollaro bucato (Giorgio Ferroni, 1965)

(scherpschutter) #61

I don’t think it’s a bad movie, but I prefer One Silver Dollar. None of them is Top 20-30 material, true.

(Stanton) #62

Actually hardly Top 100 for me.

But they are fun to watch though.

In terms of personal enjoyment: One Silver Dollar > Wanted > Fort Yuma Gold.

For me it’s: One Silver Dollar>Fort Yuma Gold (both in my top 50) >Wanted (which I didn’t really care for).

(AngelFace) #65

Rewatched this for the 1st time in about 15 years. It wasn’t as good as I remembered. It has a few things going for it though - it keeps moving, all of the individual scenes are fairly well directed and Gemma is very believable in action scenes. Much more than most actors.

Was this filmed entirely in Italy? It’s very green!

(JonathanCorbett) #66

Yes, in the Manziana area.

Re-watched this one as well via the Wild East print (which was a great improvement over my Timeless box set edition) and it’s still one of my favourites. I love the atmosphere of the early “Hollywood” spags though I’ve never enjoyed most of them, usually because they have a pretty flat lead actor and/or character but this one benefits from Gemma as well as good rural Italian locations and nice music. Easily my favourite “Hollywood” along with Fort Yuma Gold.

(Richard Clemens) #68

Guys, a question.

Do the vocals in the “Give Me Back” song belong to Lydia MacDonald?

I couldn’t find information regarding the subject anywhere, but seemed to have recognized the voice to be hers as it does seem similar to that of Lydia’s from “Before It’s Too Late”, the title song to the EuroSpy film, Agent 077: From Orient With Fury (1965).

Can anyone confirm this?