One Silver Dollar / Un dollaro bucato (Giorgio Ferroni, 1965)

In the trailer we can see a few seconds of the censored part.

[/url]
[url]http://postimage.org/

Just re viewed this one via a fandub of a blu ray disc. Nice print. Not viewed a western with Gemma for a while, and it was a nice ride back. Yes its more American for sure. Thats fine with me, as thats one of the reasons why I like alot of these early ones. But take the english dub and music for example, its not quite American :smiley: . One of the early films of the star that just cements his appeal for me.

Is the blu-ray release of this cancelled or what?

Its temporary delayed to October or November …

Good news, it sounds like it could be a really great release.

Hope so :wink:

I just got around to watching the old Inter Ocean tape of this last night. I liked the film but it was a bit of a melodramatic american style mixed with italian brutal violence so a bit of a hybrid. Gemma is always worth a watch due to his entusiastic action scenes. Above average id say.

1 Like

One tape I need if anyone has a spare.

I cannot explain that weird ‘mit Evelyn Stewart’ thing that accompanies fully Italian credits. I’ve seen it many times, maybe a slightly modified master of German origin circulating almost everywhere?

It’s a pity the German DVD with the two bonus films (Adios Gringo and Wanted) isn’t available on amazon or ebay. I have this film on the Timeless Media set, which I really like, but I still need Adios Gringo and a new copy of Wanted since the Wild East print is terrible. If anyone knows where to get this set, please let me know!

It wasn’t released yet, and will probably never see the light of the day.

that is damn shame, Quality in korean dvd is not that good for such a fantastic movie. I registered here to ask about german release but got answer already from there posts. And it was not one I hoped for…

‘Mit’ is in a black bar, so it’s probably superposed and could not be removed later (or somebody just forgot). The original probably had ‘con’ in white letters on a red fond.

Is the WE DVD fully uncut?

It is the same as the German release by NEW and that claimed to be Uncut so I am going to have to say yes and it looks just as good as the NEW DVD as does Adios Gringo, I was pleasantly surprised by this release. One of the best by Wild East.

Is it worth getting the new WE DVD? I like this movie because I love the feel of the early ‘Hollywood’ spaghetti westerns, and i think this is hands-down the best. It also has similarities to a story my Grandmother used to tell me about her grandfather when I was a kid (don’t know how true it is though) so it also has some kind of personal emotion for me. I have it as part of a compilation but the quality is merely okay (I think it’s letterboxed as well if I remember right) and I’d love to upgrade this one.

Enjoyed this one a lot more on my second viewing. Certainly Americanised but gladly more violent than I remembered. I like it better than Fort Yuma Gold, and I’m gonna rewatch Wanted.

Re-re-rewatched WANTED last night. This one remains my favorite of the Ferroni-Gemma-trilogy, Yes better than the pleasant but slightly overrewarded Fort Yuma Gold

Fort Yuma Gold also seems to be the most spaghetti-ish out of the three, but I still don’t rank it very high in my Gemma list.

For me Fort Yuma Gold is the best of the 3. Or 4 if I include Adios Gringo. But none of them is anything special, and Fort Yuma Gold is an entertaining 5/10