Once Upon a Time in the West / C’era una volta il West (Sergio Leone, 1968)

Pretty much so yes.

Hey who talked about castration ;D. You are watching too many spaghettis mate better stop it for a while ;D :wink:

i’m rather baffled as to how this particular film cannot be enjoyed by a spaghetti fan, but i’ve got no problems understanding that no film is going to be loved by everyone…

i can understand boredom and overlong scenes being drawbacks, as both factor into my dislike for GBU… OUATITW is just so beautiful to my eyes, i never get bored with it

But all these scenes are long, not overlong. They are just exactly as long as they have to be.

Overlong sounds negative.

For you and me, that’s right… for sartana1968, they are overlong :wink:

LOL

[quote=“autephex, post:323, topic:322”]OUATITW is just so beautiful to my eyes, i never get bored with it[/quote]same here.

Hands down #1 in my top-20 and nothing will ever change that for me.

[quote=“Novecento, post:328, topic:322”]Hands down #1 in my top-20 and nothing will ever change that for me.[/quote]Same here, not only is it my #1 in Spaghettis but my #1 of all time!

#1 in Spagieland and Top 5 for every other other damn film. And I also doubt that this will ever change, at least never in Spagcountry.

The stats for the poll are all wrong - it says 100 people have voted, yet there ae more than 100 votes.

are anonymous guests allowed to vote?

Didn’t we have a guy here who suffered from the multiple voting syndrome ?

I think that the votes of ex-members (banned or otherwise left) are still shown on the results.

The amount of banned ex-members totals up to a sum of around one. Even if he (she? it?) was a multiple one.

No. I just checked.

strange, maybe not votes from banned members, but just members that deleted their accounts?

I think so, or the database isn’t that good in maths.

I must say I wasn’t too knowledgeable about the genre of Spaghetti Western until early this summer. I had seen parts of GBU and the very end of FFOD, but I preferred the American westerns like The Searchers and Shane. Finally, the guilt of having not seen GBU in its entirety convinced me to go out and finish the movie, a decision that has completely changed the way I look at movies. I was hooked. I fell in love with Sergio Leone, and I had to see more. A friend recommended OUATITW and I checked it out. Once again, I was floored. I immediately ordered a copy of the movie to add to my collection and bought all of Leone’s other westerns as well. It was my segue into the Spaghetti Western genre, a genre that I have become seemingly addicted to like many others.

But to focus on the movie, those who describe it as epic and breathtaking have it nailed on the head. In my opinion, it is THE perfect movie (The Godfather be damned!). Everything about it – the characters, the pacing, the score, the dialogue – is pure cinematic perfection! And the fact that it leads to the greatest showdown in the history of cinema is just the icing on the cake! Words cannot accurately describe the love I have for this movie, nor can they do it justice. I am thrilled to have discovered this forum where I can share my enthusiasm for this movie – and many others – with other Spaghetti Western lovers!

[quote=“DollarsDollarsBills, post:339, topic:322”]those who describe it as epic and breathtaking have it nailed on the head. In my opinion, it is THE perfect movie (The Godfather be damned!). Everything about it – the characters, the pacing, the score, the dialogue – is pure cinematic perfection![/quote]I couldn’t agree with you more, I know I’ve said it many times before but this is my favourite film of all time.

Welcome to the forum.