Once Upon a Time in the West / C’era una volta il West (Sergio Leone, 1968)

Surfing a bit on Shobary’s site I stumbled upon this photo:

[url]http://img196.imageshack.us/i/ouatitw051.jpg/[/url]

It must have been quite a dangerous scene to shoot
If I’m not mistaken there are (on this photo) two men supporting the young Harmonica, but in a lot of scenes in the movie, he seems to be without any support

I suppose Claudio Mancini, as both production manager and the guy with the rope around his neck, would have checked everything was safe before proceeding…

Or maybe he just had to do the scene because no actor wanted to do it

You might be right. I don’t suppose Leone himself volunteered…

I love the poll here. Who are the people who gave it only 1,2,3 Stars ???

In that case no actor would’ve dared to play the young Harmonica …

no clue but it’s clear they’re in the minority.

The 1-star rating is from one of our most beloved members and we once had a fierce argument about it, so let’s not start this all over again

Polls seems to worry people more than harsh words
It’s probably the rating system; I used to write reviews for a newspaper, for quite some time no rating system was used, just a review published and I hardly ever received any sour comments. But then, one day, a 5-star system was introduced and I gave a popular film a 1-star rating; I was called names I had never even heard of before …

I second this.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:288, topic:322”]The 1-star rating is from one of our most beloved members and we once had a fierce argument about it, so let’s not start this all over again

Polls seems to worry people more than harsh words
It’s probably the rating system; I used to write reviews for a newspaper, for quite some time no rating system was used, just a review published and I hardly ever received any sour comments. But then, one day, a 5-star system was introduced and I gave a popular film a 1-star rating; I was called names I had never even heard of before …[/quote]

Maybe you can read some positive aspects into a review without such a system, but as soon as you got the stars, the review is unmistakable.

Had the plesaure of seeing brand new 35mm copy of this tonight. Wonderfull, just wonderfull. I cried.

the duel between henry fonda and charles bronson it’s awesome but the rest of the movie are soooooooooooo
boring!!! not in my top 20 worst but close really

[quote=“sartana1968, post:292, topic:322”]the duel between henry fonda and charles bronson it’s awesome but the rest of the movie are soooooooooooo
boring!!! not in my top 20 worst but close really[/quote]

Oh boy.

[quote=“sartana1968, post:292, topic:322”]the duel between henry fonda and charles bronson it’s awesome but the rest of the movie are soooooooooooo
boring!!! not in my top 20 worst but close really[/quote]

Boring

[size=18pt][font=arial black]in nomine patris filii et spiritus sancti
Amemmmmmm
[/font][/size]

Why not? When I first saw it as a teen I was bored too.

A few years later I was fascinated, and I’m still overwhelmed every time I rewatch OuTW.

They Call Me Jealous…

Travelled far to see a 35mm print of this once…and it was the old U.K cinema version which has a fair bit cut out…was not a happy man.

Ah man… I would be pretty upset as well.

I have been thinking about making a trip just to see the film though, since it does seem to be shown somewhat often in larger cities. Not too many films I’d travel to see.

I’d love to see that chopped-up version once again
It was the first spaghetti western I ever saw, and I knew my life had changed

[quote=“Sebastian, post:8, topic:322”]now what Idiot gave it 4 stars?
he shall hang![/quote]
what about me? i gave it 1