October 2023 recap #Spagvemberfest starts now

Welcome to October 2023 :incoming_envelope: newsletter from the Spaghetti Western Database, your regular newsletter of what happened last month in the world of European westerns. Today is also the first day of #Spagvemberfest!

How to receive this newsletter automatically: Read instructions here on how to receive this to your inbox or notifications :mailbox_with_mail: newsletter. Contact us if you have any questions or news/rumors/contributions.

:newspaper: NEW STUFF IN AND AROUND THE SWDB IN :spiral_calendar: OCTOBER 2023:

:jack_o_lantern: :tada: Spagvemberfest 2023 is here

It’s that time of the year again! Spagvemberfest is here!
To learn all about this month of joy and cinematic comraderie: :bulb: The What? Why? and How? of SpagvemberFest!
:arrow_forward: Enter our Spagvemberfest 2023 discussion topic to share your adventures of this month.
If you share and discuss your spaghetti western activities elsewhere, try using the hashtag #spagvemberfest to designate your participation in the festivities (e.g. on Letterboxd or Facebook).

:rotating_light: WANTED:

• We’re still trying to get in touch with the person who ran the Altervista website SPAGHETTI WESTERN DATABASE if anyone knows, please send us a message.
  • We’re also trying to locate our friend from Finland who went by the name of Shobary (with the popular SW website with that title).
    Why? We want to rescue and preserve the remnants of these two websites, like we’re currently doing with A Fistful of Pasta (still a work in progress).

:film_strip: New around the SWDb:

• Let us know if you want to help with our new master calendar Calendar - The Spaghetti Western Database and company directory Company directory - The Spaghetti Western Database. We still need help to fill those with information, please get in touch!
  • :clipboard: … as always: join the SWDb, help out, it will make it better :slight_smile: You don’t have to become a full time editor or official staff member to contribute. Anything from being active in the forum over correcting spelling mistakes to joining entire improvement projects is more than welcome. From all over the world, in all languages, we welcome help!

:cowboy_hat_face: SWDb 3.0 is here…

The major overhaul of the SWDb is nearing completion. We continue work on the improvements of the SWDb, notably the film pages (these are almost done), and we’re now touching up other parts of the database (for example check out the new “Browse all” page Browse all - The Spaghetti Western Database). Also almost complete are shopping guides and home video label overviews, the new pages for our editors and a million new pictures, for example uploaded by @Mickey13 . If you’re interested in seeing what we’re doing or if you want to join and help, click here to read about it: SWDb 3.0 (our massive 2022/2023 project)

SWDb :heart: Letterboxd

If you’re a Letterboxd user, we hope you’re as excited as we are about the official SWDb Letterboxd HQ account. Click here to learn more about that (long story short: follow us on LB).
Also: all the revised film pages in the SWDb have a direct link to their respective LB entry. Starting end of this year, we’ll again bring more LB exclusive content, so make sure you follow us there.

:dvd: Home video news:

In October it turned out The Road to Fort Alamo did not see a release, wo we will move this to November. Sando Kid came out in Germany, and Four Bullets for Joe in the USA. The rest are mostly low budget or re-releases.

In November we are most excited about the new A Bullet for Sandoval relasee in the USA, the 4K for a Fistful of Dollars in Italy, and the Professionals for a Massacre in Germany. However, Death Rides a Horse will in fact finally arrive in France as well, but the label’s other spaghetti releases are completely pushed to 2024.

And the rest of the year is taking shape, as you can see from the calendar. The biggest announcement so far was the upcoming box set by Arrow Video that includes the long-awaited El Puro.
All in all, our calendar is slowly extending into winter now. There are always surprises and there will likely be a few more we suspect. Stay tuned for some more news and check our calendar daily!
:calendar: Visit the SWDb home video release calendar

:church: Obituaries

Our head of obits, the spaghettiologist @Tom_B had to update the boot hill cemetery with an unfortunate 13 new obituaries over the course of the last four weeks.
:arrow_right: Check out “Cemetery with crosses”

:balance_scale: Reviews:

Please contact us if you want your reviews published. We are especially looking for reviews of movies that have no, or very few, reviews in the SWDb. We publish them in all languages, and you don’t need to be a professional writer!
:arrow_right: Sando Kid spricht das letzte Halleluja BluRay Besprechung - The Spaghetti Western Database
:arrow_right: Man of the East review - The Spaghetti Western Database
:arrow_right: Der Einsame aus dem Westen / Sledge / A Man Called Sledge - Nischenkino.de
:arrow_right: Eine Kugel fĂĽr MacGregor / Sette donne per i MacGregor / Seven Women for the MacGregors - Nischenkino.de

:moneybag: :dollar: Those of you who feel inclined to donate a dollar or euro or two, head here. Payplal has improved the donation experience, check it out. Also, whenever you shop at Amazon, click on one of the SWDb’s Amazon links first, it doesn’t matter which one.

:film_projector: Festivals:

At the Rome Film Festival a new documentary made its premiere. It is called “LUI ERA TRINITÀ” and puts producer Italo Zingarelli front and center. Click here to learn more about it >> Lui Era Trinità - The Spaghetti Western Database

On a more personal note, I got invited to do an introduction to a screening of Death Rides a Horse at the Cinema Sangue Festival in Berlin. That was great fun, thanks to the Filmrausch Palast for the initiative, we hope it will take place again next year.

See you next month! **And don’t forget to get SAVAGE GUNS - if you follow the link below you’ll learn more about this release, including all the Amazon etc. links (if you use those it supports the SWDb):

SAVAGE GUNS details: Lo voglio morto/BluRay - The Spaghetti Western Database

Happy #Spagvemberfest!

2 Likes

I notice El Buffalo Bill El Eroe Del Oeste in the upcoming listings. I bought this BluRay from Spain at least two years ago, maybe longer. It is no better quality than the DVD from the same source. My cover is identical to the one you show.

yes that information is already in the Database, too Buffalo Bill, l'eroe del far west/BluRay - The Spaghetti Western Database

That’s cool that you got to do an intro like that before the movie, Seb! What did you say about it?

a few anecdotes about me and Petroni and Law, plus some facts and trivia, and some of my assessment. kind of an imprompto little spoiler free primer on the movie and its place in the universe :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’d have been sure to come along if I was in Germany! Good on you for doing that. Really cool.

Can hardly wait. Have not even seen el puro before, just could not get my hands on a copy. Have heard so much about it though, So i am really exited arrow is presenting it.This time i will be buying 2 of the savage guns box sets. Have a gut feeling this one is gonna sell out quick and really be worth some booty down the trail. Hope you all (My amigos ) are as as exited about this Savage Guns Box Set as i am. Ciao.