Ninja Say Your Prayers (2010, Harm Siepel)

Great stuff so far. The ninja gets drunk on sake and a statue of a cat kills him with shuriken. Very lovecraftian. I love it.

Of course, we are all in the presence of a true artiste.Only a person like him would deliberately put mistakes in his own movie. Undoubtably he did it to evoke obscure religious symbolism.

Talking aout Ninjas a few years ago some art students from Caldas da Rainha (a city in center west of Portugal) made a cult classic named Ninja das Caldas.

I must say that the town of Caldas da Rainha is best knowed for it’s fabrics of ceramic and among those ceramics some particular part of the male anatomy in clay (they’ve bankroped by the way with the crisis). So that’s way Ninja das caldas became a cult classic in Portugal broadcasting in Cable and everything, it’s dead fun

[url]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6570820545104569274#[/url]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6570820545104569274#

Take a look

The only probem is that it’s in Portuguese

Adesu camaradas

Damn, almost forget this flick. Awful stuff!

Got some shit on my mind and funds are low, but I managed to squeeze this phone bit out a while ago and just uploaded it:

Anyway, the thing will be finished this year. And I have some scenes written out that I will do this week. It involves a ninja’s head in a box as mentioned in the phone bit. Another scene involves the crime boss sending the gangster to track down the ninja, which will be chronoligally prior to this bit.

Enjoy the horrible comedy ;D

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I didn’t only get the “Een genie twee partners en een uilskuiken” on queensday…
also bought a head :slight_smile:

(if you want to use it call me)

Well, I sure like me some head.
Hehe, sorry.

I could use a head for a scene, sure. Maybe some decapitation scene or something. What kind of head you got?
But for this particular scene I’m gonna make it look like there’s a head in the box, by having an actual head in the box (mine). With some clever editing you won’t notice that htere’s still a body attached.

Coming up… the burial of a ninja´s head

Editing was pretty easy. Shooting was also, Ed Wood style, so no problems. Sound was fuckin´ useless. Spent hours on the sound effects.

Anyway, here it is:

(if playback’s alittle jerky, it’s because the vid is still being processed)

Tomorrow, at least that’s the plan, I’ll be filming a scene that goes on prior to this one. The gangster receives the ninja’s head in that same box. As that is not much fun, I decided that the gangster should piss on the severed head. After this he hears he got the wrong ninja, see the phone bit scene.

Very cool, it deserved a sunny beach.

:slight_smile: 8) dunes near Scheveningen?

The head I’ve got is human size male with long hear.
(no no it’s not mine)

::)but I don’t know how to transport it to you
(I’m working a lot lately)

Thanks, El Topo.

@ Hungry_bear, yes the Scheveningen dunes, which is more like a toilet for dogs really. What horrible stench. I should have gone to Kijkduin instead, there’s a cool nature park there, with significantly less dog crap. But the scene went quite alright. I was out of there right before it started to rain.

About the head. There’s no hurry. I’ll have to think of something first to do with it. But that won’t be a problem.

Just a hunch

what about this for the soundtrack. In some strange way at least the refrain/chorus sounded to me perfect for the scene.

[quote=“El Topo, post:72, topic:2196”]Just a hunch

what about this for the soundtrack. In some strange way at least the refrain/chorus sounded to me perfect for the scene.

The music itself is not a bad idea! But then there´s the problem of copyrights. The music excerpts that I add to the film are all in the public domain. So it´s legal and free for me to do with them whatever I like.
I did find some public domain black metal that I will be using for the film. As is the case with most martial arts movies, there will be a training montage. I think that scene will be accompanied by some metal. It´ll be hilarious. The downside is I´ll have to produce some real sweat in front of the camera, haha.

So you will suffer for your art then? :wink:

Not only for my art, even for a crappy ninja movie!

I DEMAND more Ninja!

You´re right. Gotta get to it again. I still aim for this film being finished before 2011.

Excellent!! Can I be in it please? I have white jackets.* :slight_smile:

[*Edit : No acting ability - but a fine wardrobe (despite what the choirmistress might say).]

Joking apart - but If miles weren’t a problem I’d hassle you for a part in this.
It must be completed.

No acting ability is fine. I have no directing ability, hehe. And my acting is even worse. Maybe I could record you off a webcam. You pull a shirt over your head and get some ketchup ready.

I must admit, the quality at the moment is on par with Ed Wood. And Ed Wood is immortal (they even made a movie about him)! Keep up the good work then!