Ninja Say Your Prayers (2010, Harm Siepel)

This scene reminds me of:

Something a friend of mine did a some time ago…

[quote=“Hungry_bear, post:41, topic:2196”]This scene reminds me of:

Something a friend of mine did a some time ago…[/quote]
Haha, to be honest I could not manage to watch the whole thing. It somehow got on my nerves quickly (as did his clip ‘Videorecorder’).
Apart from the fact both mine and his clip are bad and take place in bathrooms I fail to see the resemblance.
Your friend does have some nice videotapes though. I believe I saw a Video 49 release among them.

might be the tension in a bathroom that resemblances.
(the video just popped up in my mind wathing your scene)

I was aiming for comedy effect with the last scene. The contradiction between bad movie making and Bach I myself was pretty satisfied with. So I was wondering if anybodyelse found it funny. Also, I’d like some feedback on the audio and the editing, so I can perhaps improve on those aspects in future scenes. Not gonna change these anymore. They’re going to be in as they are right now, or else I wouldn’t be the Dutch Ed Wood.

I have several ideas for the next scenes, but as they are not working at the moment (due to lack of several things) I came up with something different for tomorrow. It involves sake, a lucky cat and a ninja. Maybe a different colour ninja, blue or something. And of course some blood (ketchup or tomato sauce) as that important aspect was neglevted in the previous scenes. The goal is to make a 70 or 75 minute movie, so any filler will come in handy. Hell, it’s all going to be filler, haha.

Hungry Bear, what do you think of a genre blending scene featuring both cowboy and ninjas?

The birth of a new genre: Filler Films (aka Padded Cinema).
I love it!

Sorry
ninja’s are not my cup of tea.

I was planning to shoot a pirate-movie on Ibiza during last Christmass-break
Pirates and cowboys are in a way rather simular I think.
(man/pioneers in the wild with no laws)

I like the ski-elevatorshot (or rather the fact that you use a ski elevator) the fist-hits are a quite to your beloved Demofilo Fidani?

For what your aiming at this other friend of mine might have some interesting things:

I like your friend’s vid. Especially the Rain Man type bit.

Fidani is definitely a big inspiration for me. A director who managed to entertain on a tiny budget. He’s also somoene who is a master in filler. Pointless horse riding scenes, random scenes of (for instance) an old guy dancing or boxing fights etc. I had my girlfriend punching at the camera. As clearly is visible there is no contact, so I threw in some dumb punching sounds to suggest that. I also wanted to have ketchup going down the drain as a closure for that scene, but didn’t have any present at the time. Oh, well. The scene I’m doin tody will be one I’ll be doing solo again. Will meet up with my friends in a couple of weeks I think and then I can do some fights, dialogue scenes etc.
I can always use actors, so if you want a small part, let me know.

You’d need a little more distance for that punching shot’s and zoom the camera. (I figured watching Fidani to use the same angles for a fistfight)

I would take “rode bieten sap” or something a bit more liquid substance for your drainshot.
But you might want ketchup for stupidity effect.
If I can help you I’ll play a small part.

Good luck and fun with your scene today!

Rooie bietensap. I’ll try that sometime.

Just purchased a fake moustache and a chopped off finger at the party store. Also wrote some dialogue. Shooting the scene tonight. Probably will edit tonight, pulling some Kafka type shit, haha.

Coming up soon…

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:52, topic:2196”]Coming up soon…

[/quote]

;D ;D ;D

Thanks, Phil. That’s what I’m aiming for :slight_smile:

I hope you will all enjoy this bloody affair:

Wrote some more scenes, due to be shot coming weekend.

Hi hi
Keep shooting!

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:54, topic:2196”]Thanks, Phil. That’s what I’m aiming for :slight_smile:

I hope you will all enjoy this bloody affair:

Wrote some more scenes, due to be shot coming weekend.[/quote]

Cats! You just can’t trust them!

Great stuff - the cheapest pissed-up film technique since El Puro.
That woodgrain on the floor - reflected in the silver ninja star - makes the star look uncannily like corrugated cardboard. I’m liking it.

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:57, topic:2196”]Great stuff - the cheapest pissed-up film technique since El Puro.
That woodgrain on the floor - reflected in the silver ninja star - makes the star look uncannily like corrugated cardboard. I’m liking it.[/quote]

Fuck Rev, your eye for detail is extraordinary.

Is that a corpse blinking I spy…? ;D Great work BL, the film is coming along nicly!

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:57, topic:2196”]Great stuff - the cheapest pissed-up film technique since El Puro.
That woodgrain on the floor - reflected in the silver ninja star - makes the star look uncannily like corrugated cardboard. I’m liking it.[/quote]
I was hoping nobody would notice it ;D

I was hoping nobody would notice it ;D

Of course that was all on purpose (ahem)