Missing members?

might be a sign that he found a job? :wink: haha

Chris has been posting on the Spaghetti Western Web Boardā€¦

Iā€™m here! Iā€™m here! :slight_smile:

And yes, Seb, I did find a job!!

Also, I find thatā€¦for some reasonā€¦the SWDB runs (or should I say reacts) really really slow for me.
It takes forevvvvverrrrrr for me to type a message!

[quote=ā€œChris_Casey, post:43, topic:811ā€]Iā€™m here! Iā€™m here! :slight_smile:

And yes, Seb, I did find a job!!

Also, I find thatā€¦for some reasonā€¦the SWDB runs (or should I say reacts) really really slow for me.
It takes forevvvvverrrrrr for me to type a message![/quote]

Thought you were a gonerā€¦

[quote=ā€œChris_Casey, post:43, topic:811ā€]Also, I find thatā€¦for some reasonā€¦the SWDB runs (or should I say reacts) really really slow for me.
It takes forevvvvverrrrrr for me to type a message![/quote]

Same here. The SWDB reacts real slow but when I check other sites etc they are running fine.
Also I have to keep logging out and back in and sometimes completely get off the internet and start all over again. Donā€™t have this problem with any other stuff on the net so must be a quirk with SWDB.

the site being a bit slow thatā€™s very possible, the increasing popularity puts a strain on our serverā€¦

yet the slow typing etc can technically impossibly be a mistake on our side, have you checked for viruses etc?

i havenā€™t experienced any problems like the ones you described, tigger, eitherā€¦

No problems with this for me. Everything is still working fine.

the occasional slowdowns of the pageā€™s loading time are usually due to tarantino.infoā€™s peaks, which are getting more frequent. if lots of people access it at the same time, it gets a hiccup sometimes

No typing problems here

Sometimes pages load up slowly, but if thatā€™s due to increasing popularity, weā€™d better not complain

I have experienced minimal problems with this site.

if i had money iā€™d throw it at the problem. butā€¦ i donā€™t :wink:

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:49, topic:811ā€]No typing problems here

Sometimes pages load up slowly, but if thatā€™s due to increasing popularity, weā€™d better not complain[/quote] Yeah, this site is great anyway. Iā€™m count my blessings.

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:49, topic:811ā€]No typing problems here

Sometimes pages load up slowly, but if thatā€™s due to increasing popularity, weā€™d better not complain[/quote]

Absolutely not. Thatā€™s what I thought the slow load ups might have been and I hope itā€™s the case that popularity is ever increasing.

well itā€™s not exactly THIS siteā€™s popularity (although that is increasing, too) so much as Tarantino.infoā€™s Iā€™m afraid :wink: so blame it on QT

Ask violentprofessional to lend you some ;D

oh yeah right, he was gonna spend 2000 bucks at xploited :wink:

No viruses hereā€¦and all other sites work just fine for me.
I use Firefox (as I know you do too, Seb)ā€¦so, it shouldnā€™t be a browser issue.
The pages do not load slow, but when I scroll down them it is as if everything is moving in slow motion.
When I type a message there is literally a 1.5-2 second delay between my hitting a key and the results showing. And it is murder if I make a mistake and have to use the backspace key! :wink:

I am not complaining about the site itself, folks! I love it!
But, I am just giving you a little more background on why I havenā€™t been posting so much, lately.
In addition to those minor technical things, the fact that I have found a job has also been a contributing factor to my absence. Plus, I have been having some major health problemsā€¦which I would rather not go into any further, at this time.
And then, there is the fact that my suddenly being ā€œreleasedā€ from doing the musical scores for Andrew McKenzieā€™s supposedly upcoming films resulted in my having a sort of backlash of hatred for all things relating to Spaghetti Westerns there for awhile (not to mention creating a huge financial hole in my life!).

Oh wellā€¦such is life!

[quote=ā€œChris_Casey, post:57, topic:811ā€]The pages do not load slow, but when I scroll down them it is as if everything is moving in slow motion.
When I type a message there is literally a 1.5-2 second delay between my hitting a key and the results showing. And it is murder if I make a mistake and have to use the backspace key! ;)[/quote]

from a technical perspective, again, this can hardly be the websiteā€™s fault. here are some things to try: find out how much memory your browser (or other programs) are using while youā€™re doing this by going to windowsā€™ task manager. try emptying your browser cache once, sometimes it does wonders.

iā€™m thinking what else could cause thisā€¦

[quote=ā€œChris_Casey, post:57, topic:811ā€]No viruses hereā€¦and all other sites work just fine for me.
I use Firefox (as I know you do too, Seb)ā€¦so, it shouldnā€™t be a browser issue.
The pages do not load slow, but when I scroll down them it is as if everything is moving in slow motion.
When I type a message there is literally a 1.5-2 second delay between my hitting a key and the results showing. And it is murder if I make a mistake and have to use the backspace key! :wink:

I am not complaining about the site itself, folks! I love it!
But, I am just giving you a little more background on why I havenā€™t been posting so much, lately.
In addition to those minor technical things, the fact that I have found a job has also been a contributing factor to my absence. Plus, I have been having some major health problemsā€¦which I would rather not go into any further, at this time.
And then, there is the fact that my suddenly being ā€œreleasedā€ from doing the musical scores for Andrew McKenzieā€™s supposedly upcoming films resulted in my having a sort of backlash of hatred for all things relating to Spaghetti Westerns there for awhile (not to mention creating a huge financial hole in my life!).

Oh wellā€¦such is life![/quote]

No explanaitions neccesary amigo. We just like having you around :wink:

Thankgod somebody is awake. I was getting very lonely. :ā€™(