Massacre Time / Le colt cantarono la morte e fu … tempo di massacro (Lucio Fulci, 1966)

[quote=“TheSlobby, post:140, topic:246”][/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/vlcsnap2012052115h50m29.png/][url]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/vlcsnap2012052115h53m21.png/[/url][/quote]
awesome picture! very very bad dubbing!

Looks stunning. I’m gonna be watching it next week as I’m going to be watching some stuff at CineXS over the weekend.

Video quality is better than on the Italian disc (compare these screens with the one I made from the Italian disc):

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Tempo_di_Massacro_DVD_Review

But then again, the image looks like it has been subjected to quite some Digital Noise Reduction (look at the second and third screenshot)
Don’t know yet if I’m going to order this disc.

So the AIP dub is better?

The voice acting is better in the AIP dub, they fit the characters more… instead of those goofy voices in the international dub.

Also, the Lucio Fulci audio interview is just amazing… he discusses all his movies no one usually talks about, he really hated Franco Nero for some reason

[quote=“chuck connors brother, post:145, topic:246”]Also, the Lucio Fulci audio interview is just amazing… he discusses all his movies no one usually talks about, he really hated Franco Nero for some reason[/quote]When I went the Eurofest '94 Fulci signed somebody’s Colt Concert tape with “This man is a dog” in Italian next to Nero’s face.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:143, topic:246”]Video quality is better than on the Italian disc (compare these screens with the one I made from the Italian disc):

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Tempo_di_Massacro_DVD_Review

But then again, the image looks like it has been subjected to quite some Digital Noise Reduction (look at the second and third screenshot)
Don’t know yet if I’m going to order this disc.[/quote]
i have the japanese print, i can say the picture it’s not very good 3/5 but has the original italian audio and that is the good thing

Got mine in the mail today. Ally through in For a Few Previews more as a bonus gift. Thanks wildeast. I wonder, are both the international and AIP the same print? Am I right in assuming that its only the dub that changes, not the version of the film?

Has this other dub never been released on DVD or tape before. I’ve not seen it for a good 7-8 years and don’t know what English soundtracks I would have seen before.

[size=2]Started to view with the AIP dub, but stopped after a while as could not get used to the Nero dubbed voice. Maybe should have given the english AIP dub more of a chance, but so used to the other english dub. Bright print the Wild East version. As someone has mentioned did not know the extent Fulci did not like Nero, more so when they made the White Fang films together. Hate is not to strong a word really, and Fulci really goes on about it. Anyway Massacre Time is an enjoyable ride, with both stars working well together. Hilton shines just a little more than Nero, Hilton just comes across so natural in his role. My favourite Fulci western still.[/size]

[size=12pt]What[/size] [size=14pt]Happened[/size] [size=18pt]ENNIOO[/size] [size=18pt]?[/size] [size=14pt]Why[/size] [size=12pt]these[/size] [size=24pt]big[/size] [size=10pt]letters?[/size]

New P.C. Been messing around with fonts. Just had a look at in Firefox and noticed how big the letters are. Sorry about that. Just amended the font size in my original post. Is this writing size ok ?

I was only joking.

[size=36pt]Size [/size]Matters, like they say (Writing Size is [size=36pt]Okay[/size])

Watched the alternative U.S. dub which seemed just as acceptable to me as the Euro English dub. There is an interesting interview with Fulci with he constanly pipes up ripping into Franco Nero calling him all sorts!

Just watched it with the AIP dub. I’m still confused about certain elements of the plot. If someone could assist me…

1. So if Nero is really Mr. Scott’s son, why did Scott send him to live with another family? Is he illegitimate and shared a mother with Hilton?
  2. Why was Nero kicked out of the family with all the land going to Hilton?
  3. Why didn’t anybody tell Nero that he was Mr. Scott’s son until about 30 seconds before Scott got killed lol. He seemed to be the only person in the dark about it.
  4. Why did that guy at the beginning try to sneak up on Nero instead of simply approaching him and giving him the message?
  5. Why did Carradine tell Nero that it was safer to go outside lol.

Yes just a shared mother with Hilton. Mr Scott may have not wanted anyone to know at the time he had an affair with Hiltons Mum.

Nero was not the true heir to the land as Mr Scott was his dad. Hiltons dad may not have liked Nero as much as he was not his true son.

Well thats film for you I guess they like to surprise you at the end. They do it alot in Italian films I think.

Yes did think that myself. Maybe he just wanted to plant the message in Nero’s pocket or something, so Nero would not ask the guy any questions…which of course Nero did in the end.

Cannot remember that scene :slight_smile: .

[size=36pt]Great[/size] answers, Ennioo

(Can’t remember that Carradine scene either)

Thanks alot Ennio. That clears up a big deal. The Carradine scene was when Nero goes to that family’s home and the head of the family (Carradine) is supposed to tell Nero some big secret but then they here horses hooves outside and Carradine says to go outside because its safer. Well As soon as Carradine goes outside he gets shot lol. The rest of the family gets massacred too but I would’ve assumed that its safer and more discreet to talk to Nero inside the house.

An excellent performance by George Hilton - but otherwise this movie is nothing special. Castelnuovo also does a good job but his character belongs in a Hammer style horror movie - just too over the top, imho, even for a spaghetti western. Some good sequences but tied together so loosely, the film really is just a few set pieces. Color me unimpressed.

This film has one of the best opening sequences in any Spaghetti western i’ve seen. Shame the rest of the movie didn’t live up to its promise. Though Castelnuovo was one of the best things about this film for me. I thought he deserved a better demise however. Perhaps in a gunfight with Nero, or a guerrilla style noose round the neck and hanging :smiley: