Massacre Time / Le colt cantarono la morte e fu … tempo di massacro (Lucio Fulci, 1966)

http://imageshack.us

A review is up now:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Massacre_Time_Review

Looks greatScherp. Don’t have time to read itnow but will soon.

one more a nice review!
a fantastic movie …

one question: was Massacre Time really made after Django? many a time I read difference meanings about that …

After Django when Nero was a big name because of Django. He would then make Texa addios and go the US.

thanks

I’ve often read that ‘Massacre time’ was made before ‘Django’.
The first performances at italian cinema :
Django 6.4.1966
Massacre time 10.8.1966

No, that’s wrong, but I’m not sure in this moment if Texas Adios was second or Massacre Time.

There is an Franco Nero interview on one of the Kinowelt releases. Shooting for Django was started in 65.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:41, topic:246”]http://imageshack.us

A review is up now:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Massacre_Time_Review[/quote]

Great review! But that’s something i’ve come to expect from you! Full of interesting stuff aside from the film itself…and as i said before, the George Martin connection had me intrigued…can’t help but wonder…

Oh…btw, when you previously mentioned it, you called him George “Silver” Martin. Is there something i should, or don’t know? Just curious! :wink:

Could be just a reference to yur avatar.

[quote=“Silver, post:48, topic:246”]Great review! But that’s something i’ve come to expect from you! Full of interesting stuff aside from the film itself…and as i said before, the George Martin connection had me intrigued…can’t help but wonder…

Oh…btw, when you previously mentioned it, you called him George “Silver” Martin. Is there something i should, or don’t know? Just curious! ;)[/quote]

Korano is right, it was a reference to your avatar

I think George Martin would’ve been fine as Tom Corbett, somehow it seems Nero’s least typical part: I think, as an actor, Nero is a bit too extravert for the it, he’s at his very best in more active parts.
He does well, of course, but he has done better.

[quote=“Stanton, post:47, topic:246”]No, that’s wrong, but I’m not sure in this moment if Texas Adios was second or Massacre Time.

There is an Franco Nero interview on one of the Kinowelt releases. Shooting for Django was started in 65.

I don’t know when they start shooting exactly,but the first performance in cinema.
‘Texas Addio’ was the third - 28.8.1966[/quote]

I´ve just bought the Spanish edition of this one (www.dvdgo.com). Although I’m not a Fulci fan it was enjoyable to watch.
Hilton at his best!

[quote=“p.pereira, post:52, topic:246”]I´ve just bought the Spanish edition of this one (www.dvdgo.com). Although I’m not a Fulci fan it was enjoyable to watch.
Hilton at his best![/quote]

Nice to have you here, p.pereira
(Hablo un poco español, pero hablo meglio Italiano; leer español no es demasiado difficil, pero escribirlo …)

Am I right, and did you watch this DVD:

Is the info right? Image 4:3, letterboxed (so film in 2,35:1), and Spanish audio only?
How was image quality ? Good ? Not too much print damage?

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:53, topic:246”]Nice to have you here, p.pereira
(Hablo un poco español, pero hablo meglio Italiano; leer español no es demasiado difficil, pero escribirlo …)[/quote]

“Hablo meglio Italiano”?

Is this an example of Milian’s ‘Spitalian’? :wink: I think you know too many languages Scherps. Their starting to morph into each other :smiley:

[quote=“Phil H, post:54, topic:246”]“Hablo meglio Italiano”?

Is this an example of Milian’s ‘Spitalian’? :wink: I think you know too many languages Scherps. Their starting to morph into each other :D[/quote]

Typish Spitalieno, creo

Happens all the time

No soy hispánico amigo, soy Portugués! Mi ciudad de origen es muy cerca de la frontera con España, y solo por esta razón no creo que sea un idioma difícil.

Back to the DVD specs, that’s the one. The info available at Dvdgo’s website is correct. I’ve already bought several movies from this Filmax’s collection, the image quality is quite good, but unfortunately none contain the original audio or any subtitles.

In the beginning of the movie (horse hunting), the sound seems odd, something like a loop. But perhaps that was originally like that.

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Originally cuts were made in the opening sequence, so I guess the Spanish audio was made for the shorter version
For this release they probably took the uncut sequence from a different source, and tried to match the audio by using some small parts twice (a loop like you say)

Sorry about the ‘Spanish’ thing, I know Portuegese don’t like to be called Spanish
(One of them once told me Spanish wasn’t really a language, only bad Portuguese!)

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:57, topic:246”]Originally cuts were made in the opening sequence, so I guess the Spanish audio was made for the shorter version
For this release they probably took the uncut sequence from a different source, and tried to match the audio by using some small parts twice (a loop like you say)

Sorry about the ‘Spanish’ thing, I know Portuegese don’t like to be called Spanish
(One of them once told me Spanish wasn’t really a language, only bad Portuguese!)[/quote]

I guess so. I detected the same effect on the Filmax’s edition of “Corri uomo corri”.

About the Spanish issue… well… we kicked them out! Although I’m not sure it was the right thing to do…

Nevertheless the genesis of Portuguese language came from Galiza (a region of Spain). Even today in Galiza they speak not only Spanish but also galaico-português, which some believe that is the real Portuguese.

I’m interested in this stuff. When you say Galiza is that what we would call Galicia? If so, I understood that they have celtic roots and their language is a form of gaelic. Or am I getting confused?

Yes. Galicia! The Celtics occupied our territory before the Romans. Therefore I believe that our roots came from them.