Let’s Go and Kill Sartana / Vamos a matar Sartana / Demasiados muertos para Tex (Mario Pinzauti, George Martin, 1971)

Sorry, I haven’t yet watched it and was not aware of the viewer standing in front of the camera. That’s pathetic, but at least something is better than nothing. Perhaps Naushad can be persuaded to release his version?

Whatever the format I’m glad to finally see this. But yeah, if there were a vhs release we would have known about it decades ago.

You will never persuade Naushad to release anything to do with spaghetti westerns. I even suggested that projecting while filming on an HD camera with a boom might be a cheaper solution but he wasn’t interested in my idea.

I don’t understand his reluctance to release this film.

He claims that there’s no money in spaghetti westerns. He’s a business man,
not a spaghetti fan. If he thinks he has a big enough market, he’ll release it. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s already sold the print to someday else though. Even though he says he hasn’t had dealings with Wild East (seems strange since I’m pretty sure he has), I am thinking that they might have acquired the reels of Sonora and Dead Men Ride from him. They are planning to release them in the future.

What if we chip in and buy the print? (If he would sell it…)

That’s gonna cost a lot! Have you seen what he charges just for prints of trailers?

1 Like

Don’t get too excited by this … the film itself is very amateurish and the print is a mess of scratches, splices and jump cuts.

I’m pretty sure someone will post it on You Tube eventually, but there’s plenty of other rare stuff turning up almost daily.

2 Likes

After seeing the film (the shorter Spanish version released in 1973, until a few days ago available on YouTube) I’m not so sure about the locations: the western town is for certain the well-known Esplugas City, so part of the movie was filmed in Spain.

Many scenes are present in the US trailer (in which Pinzauti is credited as director), consequently the main suspect to be an addition directed by George Martin at a later time seems to be the not unmissable pre-credits sequence with a beardless Huerta.

The synopsis was wrong, Isarco Ravaioli plays Jeff and Frank Braña is the Sheriff.

Italian credits
George Martin, Isarco Ravaioli, Gordon Mitchell, Virginia Rodin, Monique Taber, Claudio Trionfi, Robert Danish, Dick Foster

Spanish credits
George Martin, Gordon Mitchell, Frank Braña, Chris Huerta, Monica Teuber, Daniel Martin, Juan Fayren, Fernando Bilbao, Pajarito, Mercedes Gonzalez, Raul Aparici, Sergio Aparici

Was the YouTube version the same as the CG one or a better print?

Same print, let’s hope the Italian version (87 minutes) turns up soon.

Cant find it on youtube.
Got someone the Link for me ?

!!Public announcement time!!

This notoriously rare (or even lost) spaghetti western is… on YouTube!

Haven’t seen it yet but I found it just in time for the fest.

Edit: oh it’s been 3 months… well at least I found it later than never.

3 Likes

It’s really bad ! LOL I could only manage about 15 minutes before it became too painful to watch. :laughing:

1 Like

Great, now I know what’s next on my watching list :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Let’s put it back wherever you found it and pretend it doesenexist :joy:

3 Likes

This film’s entry in our database has been updated to the new layout. Please help us improve it.

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2023 thread:

1 Like