I Want Him Dead / Lo voglio morto (Paolo Bianchini, 1968)

No problem.

absolutely brilliant pasta - Craig Hill is first rate in it. I agree itā€™s his best western (only seen a few with him but this rocks).

Iā€™m on your side for this one. A personal fav!

I found this mediocre at best. Craig Hillā€™s lead was a rather dull performance. Some good cinematography & the score was great but I found myself rather disinterested. Hill takes about 10 punches to his right eye but 5 minutes later he has only a minor scratch. Too many continuity issues for my liking.

watched this again today, found myself a little less interested at times during this viewing, but still feel its a pretty solid entry. I think my biggest problem is Hillā€™s hatā€¦ come on nowā€¦ get a real hat, man :smiley:

that, and its really hard to hear the dialog

Good revenge western that would have been better if it avoided the clumsiness that kicks in near the end. The scene with the bomb is definitely silly. Hill is a good lead and the score by Fidenco is very nice

4/5.
Big Craig.

[quote=ā€œJulio_Alberto, post:47, topic:967ā€]4/5.
Big Craig.[/quote]

Yes, he is big in this one! I guess this was the very first movie that I saw staring Craig Hill. Itā€™s a great revenge movie, one of my favourites in this subgenre. Nevertheless in my opinion Bianchini failed to direct a masterpiece due to a loose/incoherent ending.

In my opinion this above average, remarkable SW compares favourably with at least five titles among our present-day Essential Top 20 Films (not counting Zapata westerns).

Mosaico media dvd release (83m 46s PAL) refers to the first theatrical edition

What is the exact running time of the Koch dvd, please?

And which score is present in the opening credits sequence (there are two versions, see links)?

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Lo_voglio_morto/Trailers%26Clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_7_B9cGIxg

Running Time: 1:24:28

Music is different, not a whistled theme, more martial

Edit:

Itā€™s this one: - YouTube

Edit again:

I saw you had this link. My mistake, must have checked another one

Thank you very much!

So the Koch release is longerā€¦ Maybe closing credits, absent in the Mosaico Media dvd?

You never know, sometimes the screen turns black while the time ā€˜keeps runningā€™ (I think itā€™s the case with the old WE Arizona Colt disc)
Giusti sometimes mentions minor cuts made to avoid an 18 or even 14 rating. Maybe that was the case here, I havenā€™t seen it in a while, but I remember it was quite violent.

the ending was a very strange , i donā€™t know i must see this again maybe i lose something :-, 3 stars
why director made this ending i donā€™t know :o not gunfights only bore fistfights

Wise words ā€¦

I also recall the ending quite weirdā€¦ a sort of deus ex machina.

[SPOILER ALERT]
All villains just kill one another and the main hero both gets his vengeance and money.
[END OF THE SPOILER]

Iā€™ve heard this compared to Cemetery without Crossesā€¦ is that a fair comparison, is there an overlap in handling of material or of cinematic style?

Spoiler! :smiley:

I do not think so. But what is absolutely certain is that I Want Him Dead and Cemetery without Crosses offer two of the best SW female characters.

Well, theyā€™re both a bit on the boring side.

Shame on me! :smiley:

Well, Iā€™m not a great fan of Cemetery Without Crosses, but IMHO Hosseinā€™s effort is far superior to rather mediocre Bianchiniā€™s effort.