I Want Him Dead / Lo voglio morto (Paolo Bianchini, 1968)

The score is absolutely brilliant, and here we have yet another theme tune with singing

The song didnā€™t catch me last time I watched it, maybe I have to listen once more.

You never knowā€¦

For some reason I though the music couldā€™ve been good for a gothic horror western. The main song has a certain gloominess about it.

Craig Hill kicks ass in this one, i just love how angry he looks throughout the film. Donā€™t have to add anything else about score, simply amazing. Iā€™d give .5 more point if the ending was a bit more powerful. 8/10 from me.

I like the beginning of this one with the ā€œambushā€, the (seemingly) riderless horse. It is almost spooky.
As tough as Hill is in this one, he still needs Lea Massari to save him.
It is a good one. Nice to see Jose Manuel Martin in an expanded role. I donā€™t like the rape scene though.

Yeah, the beginning + opening titles were top-notch, i already knew that the film would be above average.

Hillā€™s expression does it for me. He is unshaved, he is tired, he is pissed off and filled with hate. Thatā€™s the dude i need in a spaghetti.

I thin my problem with this ine is that his realtionship with the woman is not examined enough. It should have been a more physcological film.

Recently re-watched this and I have to say that I think it is my favorite Craig Hill Western, as well (with 15 SCAFFOLDS FOR A KILLER and TASTE OF KILLING followingā€¦quite a ways back).

This one is just a solid, tough, gritty bit of entertainment with a brilliant musical score!

Caught this one today. Craig Hill turns in a very good performance. Thought the ladies and villains were all top notch. Liked the music, the theme song played over the opening credits in my English version, but not the Italian. Played on both in closing. Very catchy. I have to agree with several others about the resolution, could have been stronger, maybe without another fistfight? Locations were the best and were showcased nicely. A solid 3.5/5 and could have been a 4 with fewer fistfights. This was my first veiwing of this one and will be a definite re-watcher.

I think this one is a little treasure.
So many memorable moments.
The battle with the two sadistic gunmen at the waterhole. Clayton taking down the sheriff and his men (as fast as Zatoichi would have done it!) then approaching the cringing woman so that his face is half lit by the golden sun and half in utter blackness. Clayton blinking in disbelief as all that money comes skittering toward him on the wind across the desert floor. The villains so eaten by greed that they wipe themselves out, with the one fellow staggering after the wagon, sprawling in the dirt and reaching after it as it disappears in the dust.
And there is that score. Fidencoā€™s best, if you ask me.
Iā€™ve watched this one four times (thank you Franco Cleef!) and like it more each time I see it.

Just put up my review of this one.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/I_Want_Him_Dead_Review

An enjoyable film but falls short of being really good due to a few lapses in my opinion.

Great review as always Phil. Definitely makes me want to check this one out. Where do I get it?

Iā€™ll PM you, brother. :wink:

Interesting review
I saw the film a while ago (quite a while ago actually) and remember that I had similar thoughts about it

Somehow I never liked Hill
Donā€™t know why, but I always have the idea heā€™s not fully concentrated

By the way, I like the lay-out of the review
Nice photos (nice woman too)

Why donā€™t you announce it on the Main Page ? Youā€™ll have more readers if you do so (and you donā€™t type too many mistakes)

Great review. Just added it to the main page.

Thanks

Great review Phil. I guess my ā€˜bellsā€™ rang a little louder than yours. I noticed the downsides you pointed out, but the upsides were in control as itā€™s a top 10 for me.

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:35, topic:967ā€]Somehow I never liked Hill
Donā€™t know why, but I always have the idea heā€™s not fully concentrated[/quote]

I like Hill but I donā€™t like the movies heā€™s in. Iā€™m not that impressed with any of the films that Iā€™ve seen him in.

Really nice review Phil!

I always like to read your stuff.