THE BIG RACKET

THE HEROIEN BUSTERS

SEVEN GUNS FOR THE MCGREGORS

HIS LIFE IS MINE

SON OF DJANGO

THE UGLY ONES

THE INGLORIOUS BASTARDS

DON’T ANSWER THE PHONE

[quote=“Dorado, post:80, topic:69”]I just ordered some eurocrime movies.

A Man Called Magnum.
The Big Racket.
Revolver.
Grand Slam.

All good movies.
Grand slam is excellent although not a regular Italian crime movie.[/quote]

Hi Yodlaf Peterson. “Grand slam” comes with “Revolver” in a double package from Blueunderground I was actually only interested in Revolver but since one got it almost for free I thought why not.

You will enjoy Grand Slam, a very classy film, with Italian influences from lower budget films, and therefore makes an interesting hybrid of a film.

As you are probably aware Morricone does the music and is class in its self.

The robbery scenes are excellent and very fresh for when the film was made.

And of course Klaus Kinski looking as sinster as ever!

Klaus Kinski is one creepy guy

1 Like

just recieved in the mail from exploited cinema:MASSACRE TIME,AND GOD SAID TO CAIN and MATEWAN unfortunately i’ve got to work tonight :-\ ;D

1 Like

Last evening I recieved “God forgives… I don’t”

Just received “Fort Yuma Gold” from Wild east in the post. Had a quick scan and the picture quality is very good. Sound is a little hissy but not distractingly so. Excellent value for the $10 pre-release price!

1 Like

Last DVDs I got were:Bad Taste and Bone

1 Like

Heyy! This was supposed to be a “spaghetti western dvd shopping diary” not just to mention every dvd you’ve bought.

Well I didnt think it would matter since others were listing some movies they have bought that are not Westerns.

1 Like

Well just received the New Entertainment German release of Wanted as someone mentioned on this site it had an English Language Track.

But hey, have a guess what it only has german audio and no English subs, so it looks like it will be going in the bin, unless anyone wants it as a coaster or something.

You got a point there. :wink:
I think its great that people discuss other films in here than SW’s, but that should be done in a separate thread. Else its going to be one big mess in the end where no one can find what they are searching for.
Therefore a separate ‘shopping diary’ thread for films other than SW’s should be opened in the Saloon, and this thread should be for SW’s only. :slight_smile:

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:92, topic:69”]Well just received the New Entertainment German release of Wanted as someone mentioned on this site it had an English Language Track.

But hey, have a guess what it only has german audio and no English subs, so it looks like it will be going in the bin, unless anyone wants it as a coaster or something.[/quote]
What the hell? I actually already have a dvd-r copy of this film and it does have a english audio. I ordered it because I wanted to have a original version. Or maybe they have re-released it without english. ???

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:92, topic:69”]Well just received the New Entertainment German release of Wanted as someone mentioned on this site it had an English Language Track.

But hey, have a guess what it only has german audio and no English subs, so it looks like it will be going in the bin, unless anyone wants it as a coaster or something.[/quote]

Is the DVD you’ve got the NEW issue with the book style clamshell keep case, this is even listed as having English audio on exploited!
I’ve just recieved “Wanter Fur Drei Lumpige Dollar PAL Region 2 German Starmedia NEW 50054” (comes in a regular Amaray keep case) despite being listed on many retailers sites as having English audio, it only lists German on the back. I’m reluctant to open the DVD if it hasn’t English audio.

1 Like

Re Wanted.

My version of Wanted which only has German audio is the New Entertainment Starmedia release, and also has no subtitles.
If you look at this version of the release on the OS Commerce site, it does in fact list german audio only.

New Subject:

The Son Of Django X Rated release, when you select the english audio, you have a a message that comes on the bottom of the screen, something to the effect (as memory serves), only for sale in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

I have managed to get rid of this by removing the DVD menu, which appears to be the system that creates this message, with DVD shrink and I now have a copy without this message!.

But this is what put me off buying the X Rated Long Days Of Revenge, as according to the Exploited Site this message appears when watching with some DVD players, including mine, but it may be OK with others.

So, you are spending good money on an official DVD release, and copying it if you want to watch it in English Language, without this annoying message, and this may put some people off from buying.
Granted it will not get on every bodies nerves, but it does me, as I am fussy!!
Or as my friend does, he just puts something at the bottom of his T.V screen blocking the message!!

the NEW disc that exploited has, the one with the special case, does have english soundtrack. Atleast mine has. :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps the amaray version doesn’t have it (where did you buy it btw, amazon.de?)… ?

I know NEW just copied the english soundtrack from a bootleg disc by cinecity (or whatever that one site is called)… and I think (if I remember correctly) the Gemma interview on the same disc is just a copy (or parts of) of Wild East’s Gemma interview and they didn’t even ask permission to release it (Wild East has been in contact with NEW about this).
Perhaps because of these things they have a new version out with different specifications.

Their Bandidos disc btw seems to be a copy of the SPO disc (although made anamorphic and looks worse because of that and NTSC to PAL conversion). Makes me wonder about their W Django! (I remember one of their employee asking at SWWB for english soundtracks for the movie). :wink:

EDIT: This is the one I have http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/wanted-p-4544.html and it has english audio. And it is not by X-Rated and as far as I know X-Rated hasn’t released this movie. Can’t remember if there’s any kind of text in the screen though. The english track was quite poor quality though, sound dropping out sometimes and atleast one line was in german.

Re your comments Sundance.

Yes you are correct Wanted has never been on X Rated, me getting confused, which is not hard!

Yes I ordered my wanted from the Amazon De site, and that has the same cover to the one you have and did a link to.

It looks like I will have to order the one from the Exploited anyway, so thanks for the info on this.

Its all very interesting though, and it looks like you have figured it out!

Its a bit naughty though in some respects on what they are doing or have done, don’t you think?

Thanks for the info fellas :slight_smile: I’ll not bother opening my Starmedia DVD I’ll just trade it, at least the NEW discs have English audio even if they are much pricier.
I’ve been put off buying the x-rated discs for exactly the same reason, that message would totally distract from my enjoyment of the film.
The NEW W Django! disc has a decent enough English audio track, at least when heard on my mono TV. It’s stated as being Dolby Digital 1.0 so should sound even better if you’ve got a decent set.

1 Like

Recieved these about a week ago:

I Giorni Dell’Ira (Day of Anger) -Wild East
Preparati La Bara! (Viva Django - EMS
Sono Sartana, il vostro becchino (I am Sartana your Angel of Death) - Franco Cleef

I enjoyed “Day of Anger” very much (not surprising, so many hold it in high regard) and I’m about halway through “Viva Django”.

1 Like