I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

It was ok but very american in style and Lee van Cleef is tough as always. Anchor Bay dvd isn’t that expensive so go ahead and buy one!

Recently got the Sabata trilogy by CDE in Italy, only €7.50 each. Got them from Thrauma.it

1 Like

A few weeks back I bought:

Il Mio Nome è Nessuno (My Name is Nobody) - Atlantic Sweden
Da Uomo A Uomo (Death Rides a Horse) - MGM Great Britain
Mannaja (A Man Called Blade) - Blue Underground US
Corri, Uomo, Corri (Run, Man, Run) - Blue Underground US

$10,000 Blood Money and They Call Him Cemetery. Both are Franco Cleef projects. Great quality considering the limited source material.

1 Like

I bought Comin’ At Ya on a whim…oddly, I’d never heard of it until watching an Alex Cox intro on YouTube. Kinda surprised that this has been out on DVD since 1999 and I’ve never seen a mention anywhere.

It’s in 3-D, and comes w/ two pairs of glasses. Haven’t watched it yet, but I’m sure the 3-D will suck.

Reviews say it is action packed, though. Sounds a bit like Blindman…which is expected given Baldi, I suppose.

For 10 bucks? It’s worth a shot, at least.

1 Like

Taste of Killing from Wild East. Just skipped through it last night and it looks great. Lot’s of extras too.

1 Like

Per Un Pugno Di Dollari (A Fistful of Dollars) - UK MGM - Finally got it on DVD :slight_smile:
I Quattro Dell’Ave Maria (Ace High) - US Paramount - Haven’t watched it yet

Yeah today i bought Mannaja for about 3 Euro at a hardware store.I am going to watch it now…

1 Like

everybody please feel free to write reviews of any dvd and/or film you have. i know the database isnt working right now but you can always send them in or post them here

Una Nuvola Di Polvere… Un Grido Di Morte… Arriva Sartana (Light the Fuse… Sartana is Coming) - Franco Cleef
Il Grande Duello (The Grand Duel) - Wild East
Al Di Là Della Legge (Beyond the Law) - Wild East
Una Ragione per vivere e una per morire (A Reason to Live, a Reason to Die) - Wild East

Watched and enjoyed the first two very much :slight_smile:

won “The hills run red “on ebay. this one has been on my wishlist for awhile,cant wait to see it. now if i can get my hands on” massacre time”

‘The hills run red’ is quite nice !!! Read opinions/rating !!!

Just bought Django (Dutch Film Works, licensed from Anchor Bay) for 7 euro’s. The picture quality is not very good. There are way better versions out there, but what the hell. I’m not gonna pay my ass off. I have a superior one one my pc, which I think is now legal to own (as a backup).

Just received 2 new Franco Cleef projects - Jonathan of the Bears and If You Want To Live, Shoot! I’ll let you all know how they look and sound after the weekend, but Franco usually delivers top quality. He will also be releasing Shango and Reverend Colt in the new year.

1 Like

Just bought the german koch release of “Sartana kills them all”.

Just received the starlight film edition of Vamos a matar companeros. Its a two disc edition with the “funny” german dub on the second disc. Still don´t understand where the difference from this version to the special edition from starlight films are, but the special was not available anymore on amazon.
Have not seen the movie yet but looking forward to it. Just popped it in my player to see zhe menu and i allready like the main theme. Vamos a matar 8)

1 Like

[quote=“valenciano, post:56, topic:69”]Just received the starlight film edition of Vamos a matar companeros. Its a two disc edition with the “funny” german dub on the second disc. Still don´t understand where the difference from this version to the special edition from starlight films are, but the special was not available anymore on amazon.
Have not seen the movie yet but looking forward to it. Just popped it in my player to see zhe menu and i allready like the main theme. Vamos a matar 8)[/quote]

it is an action packed thoroughly enjojable western,Franco Nero and Tomas Milian make an excellent pair with their love / hate relationship and you couldnt think of any other two actors in the roles, not forgetting and excellent score by the great Ennio Morricone.

it also has some great quotes :slight_smile:

why am i not surprised that a guy calling himself Yodlaf Peterson is liking this one. Did not watched it yet, yesterday i intoduced a friend of mine into the world of spaghettis with showing him A fistfull of dollars. He is a Leone fan and enjoyed the movie. I like nero and also milian in tepepa and so im looking forward to it.

1 Like

Just got the Halleluja Italo Western Box from Koch Media containing:

TESTA T’AMMAZZO, CROCE… SEI MORTO… MI CHIAMANO ALLELUJA (HEADS I KILL YOU, TAILS YOU’RE DEAD! THEY CALL ME HALLELUJAH)
GLI FUMAVANO LE COLT… LO CHIAMAVANO CAMPOSANTO (THEY CALL HIM CEMETERY)
SU LE MANI, CADAVERE! SEI IN ARRESTO (RAISE YOUR HANDS, DEAD MAN, YOU’RE UNDER ARREST)

I enjoyed all three movies (although I think Raise your hands… was the weaker of the three)

1 Like

Just got “W Django” by New Entertainment. English or German audio. Appears to be uncut and the picture and sound quality are excellent. A great improvement on the crappy cut to pieces Dagored version.

1 Like