I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

is that cangaceiro really a 2 disc release? a second release just for two interviews? can you confirm the details of this for me?

@Admin
Yes it is a 2 disc.
The database info is correct.

Disc 1: The film 93 minutes.
Audio French, Italian
Subtitles French

Disc 2: Intruduction 25 min
Interviews 27 min
Photo gallery
Internet link

2 Likes

This was supposed to come out on Global Video with English Audio in the past but never happened unfortunately…

8 Likes

Got my pre-order locked in with HMV for a nice 20% discount:

Don’t actually own this physically so no matter the quality I will be happy with this :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So, can anyone help me in my search? Happily, I’ve bought the revised “A Bullet For Sandoval” (1969), but would still like to know why its length has only been extended to 101 minutes, instead of to its uncut running time of 105 minutes. Does anyone know why this is so, and if “A Bullet For Sandoval” will ever be restored to its complete form for American–and, possibly, for other nationalities’–home–and even theatrical–viewing? Also, can anyone aid me in my search for the slipcovers I desire?

The most anticipated 4k/BD of the year…will we be moaning, groaning, or ecstatic when it gets a realease…?

Bets are on, amigos… :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Wow! Good for you, Max! Who puts this–obviously Deluxe Limited Edition–out?

1 Like

Paramount themselves!

Thank you, Max! What is its cost, and do you have any answers to my questions?

35 Great British Smackaroos, and I don’t own the Bullet for Sandoval blu ray (not have I seen it yet) so I’m not sure :+1:

Max, how much do you think that one out of 400 SW’s is worth the money?

If you love it, buy it…life’s too bloody short!

Again, thank you, Max! Do you have any information for me about the slipcovers? Also, what do all of you gentlemen think of “The Video Movie Guide”'s critique of “Once Upon A Time In The West” (1968) as “… the only spaghetti western that can truly be called a classic.” Yes, it is a great film, a movie acclaimed the world over as one of the greatest of spaghetti westerns, as ranking among the greatest of all westerns, and even as of the greatest films of any kind, but how can this publication call it the only classic of its subgenre, when this subgenre boasts such magnificent films as “A Fistful of Dollars”, “For A Few Dollars More”, “The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly”, “Django”, “The Mercenary”, “Death Rides A Horse”, “Duck, You Sucker”, “The Grand Duel” (the Arrow Deluxe Limited Edition of which I’ve also just obtained), and so many more?

Life is short, but my due date for my Uni rent is even shorter :joy:

1 Like

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/C'era_una_volta_il_West/BluRay

that’s just four minutes of difference, where does the other runtime come from? are you comparing HD with HD or NTSC with HD, or theatrical running time with HD?

Sebastian, I only know that I’ve been reading for years that “A Bullet for Sandoval” (1969) an Italo-Spanish co-production, had a European running time of 105 minutes that was cut to 91 minutes for its American release, this version playing in both American theatres and on American syndicated television for years prior to also being released on videocassette and DVD in America by VCI Home Video, and, as such, am now overjoyed to learn that it has been at least partially restored to its original form on Blu-ray–again, by VCI–while being simultaneously bewildered that the restoration of the mere four minutes that would accomplish the complete reconstruction of this fine effort to its full length was, apparently, never considered, or was perhaps, impossible to undertake, as, possibly, those four minutes’ worth of film are now destroyed, or, at the very least, are yet to be found, if they can still be discovered.

4 Likes

but that didn’t answer my question. what if that’s a calculation issue and there are no four minutes actually missing. 105min of film running time may translate to 101min in 1080p running time speed, just like NTSC and PAL yield different lengths, etc.

I don’t know what to tell you, Sebastian. Like I’ve already written, I’ve been reading for years that “A Bullet For Sandoval” 's US theatrical and home-video was 91 minutes, while this Spanish-Italian co-production’s original running time was 105 minutes. When I read that America’s VCI Video was, as of late 2023, offering a 101-minute version of the film on Blu-ray, I bought it as soon as I could, but wondered if the film was either still missing four minutes, or if, as you say, due to the speed of the Blu-ray disc to which this film had been transferred, a 105 minute-film now runs at 101 minutes, with no cuts, whatsoever–in this medium, at least–so, naturally, I’m curious as to whether or not the VCI Blu-ray of “A Bullet For Sandoval” offers the film at its original running time or not. Obviously, only someone who has seen the original theatrical cut can tell us. I thank you for your concern, Sebastian, and–again–ask you–and all other members of this website–if you can answer my questions about the slipcovers of the movies I’ve mentioned above, and, also, if the uncut version of Vic Morrow’s Spanish-Italian-and-Yugoslavia-filmed mutilate masterpiece, “The Man Called Sledge” (1971), will ever be released in its uncut form on home video, if it has not been distributed thusly already?