I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

It’s worth watching ‘Four of the Apocalypse’, if only for the stunningly beautiful Lynne Frederick.

3 Likes

Finally my Savage Guns box is dispatched! Got a mail today from AmazonUK

3 Likes

Happy for you. I thought mine would never arrive. Enjoy, amigo

2 Likes

Let us all know how you enjoy/ not enjoy each film… :cowboy_hat_face:

I expect this Sinister Cinema DVD to be of the highest quality, and the film to be a cinematic masterpiece.

2 Likes

The film is actually pretty dang good but the quality of the print is far…far…far from pristine.

2 Likes

I’m very happy all of you gentlemen are so happy with your new SW purchases. I’m also very happy that “A Bullet For Sandoval” is now available on Blu-ray to American viewers in something other than the severely cut 91-minute version released to theatres and home video in America, as it stars one of my favorite actors, Ernest Borgnine, although, at its newly-extended running time of 101 minutes, it is still incomplete, as I believe the original running time of this Italo-Spanish co-production is 105 minutes. Am I correct? I’m looking for the Leone trilogy as put out by Kino Lorber in 4K UHD, along with the "50th Anniversary Blu-ray of “The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly”, all, of course, with the rare O-case slipcover. Kino-Lorber no longer has any, and I can’t find any on eBay or Amazon. Can anyone help me?

My Savage Guns box arrived finally yesterday.

I also ordered Cult films set, mainly for Keoma but Django and Bullet should be better versions than those I already had on blu.

5 Likes

Thanks to a forum member.

6 Likes

Excellent. Happy for you, Laban,
that you managed to obtain a copy… :+1:

Did you have to pay much for it? I checked for it online for you, and it didn’t appear to be available anywhere…

2 Likes

Thanks. I could only find it at one place, if their stock status is correct
https://www.asc-shop.de/shop/action/show/side/15/artikel/013067
But they don’t ship to Sweden so that was a problem.

I would say the price I paid was absolutely fair for a new, sealed, out-of-print, somewhat hard to get, DVD box. The seller actually lowered my original offer, that was nice.

3 Likes

Very nice amigo, our excellent and wonderful @Admin helped me out with getting this set. I still thank him as much as I can.

Pre-orders are finally starting to ship for Malombra’s Road to Fort Alamo Blu Ray, got my notification a couple of days ago, super excited to add more Bava to the collection

4 Likes

In all honesty, I really had no intention of purchasing this one.

After all, I have the Arrow release of Django and I was also planning on eventually upgrading Keoma with the Arrow release as well. However, one of my sources made me a deal I couldn’t refuse as this one isn’t moving as well as he had believed it would. In addition, it gave me the opportunity to upgrade A Bullet for the General as well. On top of that, he threw in this one.

I know it is supposed to be a bad…bad…bad movie but I still need to see for myself.

Since this is a three day weekend for many in the U.S., I worked my ass off last week so that the wife and I could go visit thrift stores in a couple of towns to the south of us today. While the wife scored nicely with her collectibles, I pretty much struck out until I found this one in a thrift store in Waterloo, Iowa. I always meant to upgrade to this one from DVD but it went out of print before I ever got around to it. Now, people on eBay are asking a small fortune for it. Five bucks new and still in wrapper so I happily pounced and walked out of the store with a smile on my face and a bounce in my step. :grin:

Tomorrow, President’s Day, it is thrift stores to the north of us.

6 Likes

Great score on “The Mercenary”!

4 Likes

Wrath of God and The Stranger and the Gunfighter

7 Likes

The price dropped on these on Amazon so I decided to pick them up finally.

7 Likes

Don’t know why Ben and Charlie wasn’t in my blu collection yet but just picked up EM’s cover B mediabook. Haven’t seen this in years and don’t remember much so it will be good for a rewatch.

2 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes