I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

My Christmas pressie

6 Likes

Due to the delay and uncertainty I finally just cancelled the Savage Guns order directly from Amazon UK, since now I took the risk of buying it from RAREWAVES instead also via Amazon UK. I have a very vague memory of possibly having bought SWs from that seller years ago.
I first remembered that I ought to check the VAT policy of the seller but absent-mindedly with eagerness placed my order anyhow, so Spain customs might add some charges. The order was placed quickly without I think the as I remember usual in between ordering steps on Amazon. I was properly charged on my account, so now I am in business at last.

Well, it will probably be puro luck if it arrives “17 January - 7 February” :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Finally treat myself to some of these Explosive Media bad boys.

9 Likes

Judging by the Amazon UK website, savage guns may not ship until April so I cancelled and ordered from Arrow.

3 Likes

I see, but I hope my order from RAREWAVES really was shipped as they announced a few days ago : " Your package was shipped Tuesday, 2 January" . :thinking:

Pre-ordered Savage Guns as soon as it became available to do so on Amazon, and when it got to the release date of Dec 11… nothing. Amazon pushed the estimated arrival date by a couple of weeks and then, when that came and went, they switched to “We’ll let you know as soon as this item ships”. So I kept checking HMV for availability and, as soon as their online store showed stock, I cancelled with Amazon, jumped on HMV, and finally got my set only a few days ago. Still, it’s here now. :+1::+1:

7 Likes

A Reason to Live, A Reason to Die available on Blu-ray for £5 at Signal One’s site:

Not worth a penny more :wink:

Oi! I paid £12.99 for that! :grinning:

A mix-up with Pony Express (1953), starring Charlton Heston as B. B.

1 Like

13 bucks for the crippled version ;))

1 Like
3 Likes

This cool SW box-set finally arrived in the mail today…
Well worth the wait, as I’ve never seen ‘Django’ look so stunningly beautiful and vibrant before. It is simply breath-taking to behold. :cowboy_hat_face:

The ‘Django & Django’ documentary, presented by Quentin Tarantino, is excellent as a bonus feature, and concentrates extensively on Sergio Corbucci’s career and unique directing style.

And, as for ‘Keoma’ and ‘A Bullet For the General’, both undisputed classics of the genre…

All in all, a very worthwhile purchase.

4 Likes

it’s really not his documentary

1 Like

Quite rightly, I stand corrected. It’s a documentary about the great Sergio Corbucci, in which Tarantino merely cites Corbucci’s substantial influence on his own films…

1 Like

It took just 3 weeks for El Puro et al to arrive after re-ordering it from RAREWAVES instead, only a month after the initially expected arrival from Amazon UK.
I will probably begin with Four Of The Apocalypse if I dare, since I haven’t watched it before.

3 Likes

Enjoy, runner. I’d be interested to see where you rank it - is it a Dead Men Ride or a Ramon the Mexican?

1 Like

That’s a ‘Win Win’ scenario ! Lol

:wink:

2 Likes

I couldn’t think of one runner dislikes, so I put two I know he does. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My expectations is that it probably will at least be more interesting and unusual storywise than Ramon The Mexican which I to a high degree like because of the music and the dance performance.
My nowadays Dead Men Ride number 3 position on my SW Top list and with a 9/10 rating might be tough to beat though :wink:
Seriously I hope it will receive at least a 6/10 but it has never been on my watch list.

1 Like