I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

We don’t but I would assume it is not a new one else they would haveade a point of emphasizing it? Some version was screened in bologna if I recall that was described a new restoration tho

1 Like

Technically, this doesn’t exist, but here it is.

This is a copy of Wild East’s long rumored but never released Oggi a me… domani a te! - The Spaghetti Western Database (spaghetti-western.net) Judging by the number, it appears that it was supposed to be released prior to A Bullet for the President.

I had to get this as my completist nature would not allow for there being a Wild East out there that I don’t have. :laughing:

There are a lot of people that aren’t the biggest fans of Wild East I know but I’ve always had a soft spot as they allowed us early on in their run to have access to spaghetti westerns, especially here in the U.S., that we wouldn’t have been able to see otherwise. I am happy to own all of them and even get a bit nostalgic now when I see them all lined up on their shelves.

So, I am quite thrilled and thankful to the person that gave me the opportunity to add this allegedly non-existent release to my collection. :wink:

11 Likes

Wow, just simply wow amigo! While Wild East never made it to my favorites list as a company, that really is hitting the Holy Grail jackpot, especially for a Blu Ray that wasn’t supposed to have seen the light of day.

I’m wondering if maybe they got as far as a few screener copies before pulling the plug on it. It’s just a guess really, but a likely scenario anyhow.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Look what has just been delivered –

10 Likes

Which one will you watch first ?

:wink:

2 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face: La taglia è tua … l’uomo l’ammazzo io, as this is the movie I bought the box set for. I’m not very excited about the other three. Lo voglio morto is quite good though, mainly because Lea Massari has a big part in it, and I quattro dell’apocalisse is so-so; La cólera del viento isn’t a Western and shouldn’t be in a Western box set.

3 Likes

Yes, you’re right cólera del viento is not a Western. Although the French retitled it Trinity Voit Rouge - Trinity Sees Red, to cash in on Terence Hill’s popular character and the popularity of Euro Westerns. It is set in Spain in the 1900s, so same period as Westerns, with Almeria standing in for Valencia, and it is a rather good movie.

I actually saw it in Mestre, near Venice in 1968 when I was on holiday. I just had to see a Gladiator movie or a Western whilst I was there. Cinema was empty, apart from a couple of police sat some way in front of me, courtesy of their free passes.
The print was pretty well butchered and battered and scratched and when they got to the scene with Terence Hill in bed with Maria Grazia Buccella, the projector suddenly switched off and the lights came up. I thought wow, censorship!
But then a woman came round with ice cream, and after a five-minute break the projector whirred into life again and we picked up exactly where it had left off.

5 Likes

Agreed !

3 Likes

Last purchase of 2023

So glad the FSK rating went down to 16 so I could order this on the JPC website. The site said 1 to 2 weeks to send out, but I don’t mind waiting, it’s the holidays after all. Tomas Milian’s debut in the SW genre is an intriguing and interesting one that set the stage for some really cool roles to come.

6 Likes

I saw this one many years ago and remember if being somewhat entertaining so when I had the opportunity to get my hands on a used copy I decided to take advantage.

Thanks to @aldo for the reassurance that it does indeed have English subtitles despite not saying so on the cover. :+1:

4 Likes

feel free to also browse this website called the SWDb next time :wink: Killer Kid/DVD - The Spaghetti Western Database

1 Like

As a matter of fact, I did! This is what led me to believe that it did have English subtitles despite the cover making no mention of it. However, I always like to get as much confirmation as possible before throwing down my hard earned money.

Next time, if I rely strictly on the site, I can rely on you to reimburse my money should the site inexplicably have a mistake? :laughing:

2 Likes

haha no, not what I meant. you did the right thing :slight_smile: but you wouldn’t believe how often I observe conversations here, on FB and elsewhere that lead me to believe some folks aren’t aware of the info in the SWDb :slight_smile:

1 Like

5 Likes

Tequila Joe and Savage Guns. I think I will watch Four of the Apocalypse first. I have not seen any of the films before.

7 Likes

IMHO, Tequila Joe is dull and who the hell is Jean Sobieski? Not a great star, I’d say.
Four of the Apocalypse is brilliant. It’s very offbeat. Not a regular Spaghetti Western, but a great watch.

2 Likes

He was an actor that enjoyed a short-lived career in the 60’s to 1970. He’s more remembered as the father of actress Leelee Sobieski. He now spends his days painting.

2 Likes

It was a rhetorical question. I naturally checked him on the imdb to find that this was quite rightly his only western. He comes across a bit wet. In fact the whole movie comes across a bit wet. I cant imagine anyone wanting to watch this a second time.

“All glory is fleeting”

2 Likes

The sole SW of the Christmas Haul

Had the Savage Guns set on the list, but for some reason it couldn’t be gotten in time. Glad I got money too :grin:

2 Likes