I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

The French DVD on the Gaumont label has the shootout scene mixing into the happy ending. So it’s probably not an attachment from the original negative. It is probably how it was meant to be.

Wouldn’t it be great if you could legally decrypt these movies and subtitle the long happy ending version from the French Gaumont DVD, and then do the freeze frame version with the American dialogue from an old VHS that you happened upon?

Oh, if only it were legal.

The new Arrow set is price matched to £44.99 on Amazon UK now

4 Likes

I ordered immediately. Seems like a very good price. On Arrow site it cost £ 55

2 Likes

Yes I preorderd on HMV with a 20% discount which brought it to £43 so now I’m only saving £2. On their FAQ it says they honour price drops on pre-order a so I’m hoping my discount carries too when it eventually reduces.

ordered via swdb link

3 Likes

You sir are a hero

1 Like

Still £55 direct from Arrow. That just seems crazy to not have prices aligned. Surely it’s to their advantage to encourage direct sales.

2 Likes

I had ordered direct through Arrow but have now cancelled that and gone through Amazon. (swdb link obvs)
Price difference too big to wear

6 Likes

Last of the Japanese purchases (unless they release four of the apocalypse :smirk:)
Love the cover of Tepepa, only downside is the English dub reverts to Italian for the few scenes that were cut from the original English release but there’s no English subs for those parts.
Quien Sabe is is the older International dub, but I’m not sure why its 121 mins long.

6 Likes

You’re right - that cover is awesome.

1 Like

Just got The Big Gundown and Vengeance Trails in the mail! I missed out on the Arrow sale when Vengeance Trails was $40, but found it on Hamilton Books for $35!

9 Likes

Ordered through the Database link on Amazon.de for just under £18:

8 Likes

Welcome to the ‘SWDB’, redcloudskies. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Welcome to the database!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Finally got these! Very excited to watch them

12 Likes

I like Raro.

9 Likes

Got the Indicator release of The Big Gundown:

12 Likes

It´s a great release, that´s for sure!

2 Likes

Just received The Big Gundown blu-ray from Indicator
The wild east double dvd of May God Forgive You I Won’t and Massacre At Grand Canyon
And an 8 dvd boxset of westerns (probably Mill Creek quality) including Captain Apache and Town Called Bastard

7 Likes