I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

Just pre-ordered this solid looking release today

Had such a good time with the SW take on Hamlet, I’m really curious to see how it handles Shakespeare’s immortal love story of Romeo & Juliet.

6 Likes

One of PLL’s best…especially the end. :wink:

2 Likes

Where did you pre-order from amigo? Been waiting for this one to see it again but it isn’t up on Amazon UK and the single seller on Amazon DE doesn’t deliver to the UK :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Be happy to help you @Max, I use the website/store https://www.jpc.de/, it’s my go-to place for the majority of my German imports. They do ship to the UK and the shipping cost is 6 Euros, 5.23 GBP. I pay a little lower shipping price in the US but it’s a good deal, and is actually a bit cheaper if you order two in stock items together. I’ve had 99.99% satisfaction guaranteed from them for the last couple of years and good customer service as well, so I highly recommend them.

1 Like

I thought there were age restrictions.

The only real restriction on the site is for the 18 FSK rated titles as they don’t ship them outside of Germany via online purchases. They do ask for age verification when purchasing the 16 FSK rated titles as a guest, though I’m not too sure why, but I have found as long as you give them your correct year and month of birth, not the exact day-just the month, you’re OK. That is the law there, and we should respect that.

2 Likes

Well I’m back on the wagon (or fell off again) and just got Arrow’s Vengeance Trails box set. The limlted version. Nothing less would do :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome back Søren :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Thanks amigo :slight_smile: Nice to be back though I never really left. Have been checking the forum regularly just not participated much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well I Pre-ordered Seven Guns For The MacGregors from JPC and through in Black Jack.

3 Likes

Does anyone here have any experience with JPC in the UK? I was planning on pre ordering the new blu rays of Johnny Kid and MacGregors but it seems most of the UK reviews of the site are quite negative. The American and German reviews are all great but it seems they might have trouble shipping to the UK?

Interesting! Yeah I’m in the US and they have been very reliable here!!!

I might give it a try anyway, the prices are much cheaper than anywhere else. Most of the complaints for long shipping times and other stuff mentioned vinyls so maybe it’s just them that they have issues with?

I would give it a go personally. I honestly can’t even comment on their shipping time as I don’t really pay attention because I don’t care if it takes longer as I always have stuff to watch.

A little behind everyone else but I finally got a good deal on this one so I could upgrade from the bad DVD I had.

9 Likes

Am I crazy or does it feel like they tacked on a happy end onto the glum end and it should have been either or?

1 Like

Definitely. I think it would be a better film without the happy end.

3 Likes

Yeah still baffling why EM didn’t give us both options on this release. My VCI DVD only has the “non-happy” ending.

1 Like

One suspicion is that whoever restored it had it all on one negative and delivered it as one even though that may not have been the intention. Too bad we can’t ask corbucci… But I would prefer the glum one too and have the happy one in the extras

2 Likes

The story goes that the happy ending was in the original Italian film. At the time, you have to remember that Italian Westerns were trying to copy the style of American Westerns, so the happy ending was de rigueur.
However, according to legend, when the American distributor got hold of the movie, he was so incensed at the happy ending, which he considered quite ridiculous after all the bleakness that went before, that he just cut it off. The camera pulls back leaving Nancy and Clay distant in the street and then it freezes and the end title fades up.
The dialogue is slightly different in each version.

2 Likes