I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

Don’t know if it"s any good, but I bought it for a good price.

2 Likes

Curiosity got the better of me and I ordered this from Japan:

Was surprised it ended up playing on my player, so it might be a region free release. Alas the audio is Italian only, with only Japanese subs offered (but not burned in!!) Thankfully I know the movie well enough for a rewatch, because wowowow this quality is such a MASSIVE upgrade over the explosivemedia DVD I have. Looks absolutely sublime.

Hopefully by buying this it will invoke the western bluray gods (aka Eureka) to ‘spite’ me by releasing a fancy UK version. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ll just pretend I’m taking one for the team :wink: :smirk:

9 Likes

Does the quality extend to the passages so far only available in SD?

3 Likes

It’s noticeably softer during those scenes; the close ups aren’t as bad but you can definitely tell when it swaps during wide shots. It also seems to be missing the same scenes that have been mentioned as missing from the French BR, so I assume it’s the same print and that those elements are either missing or have become even more deteriorated.

Interestingly the discs mention they were licensed from Hollywood Classics, with all rights currently being available?

Feels like there’s a lot to consider for whoever does want to make a definitive (English) version.

Hollywood Classics is a big license catalog merchant/broker/intermediary, e.g. that logo is also in most explosive media releases

Got this one.

6 Likes

Going to try and get this one when I get paid tonight.

1 Like

My Le Pistole Non Discutono five film dvd boxset arrived today…
7 Guns for The McGregors and it’s sequel
Bullets Don’t Argue
Gunfight at Red Sands
And the Milian Providence flik (sadly the only one without English audio)

5 Likes

It does have English audio - I have that same one.

Damn I was too fast updating the database. There is also a single disc release that came out later. Please let me know the correct info for the database :slight_smile:

it may only mention Italian on the back cover but put it in and it has English as well as the others in the set.

1 Like

How about subtitles

Hopefully it’s just a mistake on the sleeve stating just Italian mono audio, but haven’t had time to check it out yet

I’ll have a look tomorrow.

I can confirm it has English as well as Italian audio on the disc although it only mentions Italian on the cover. There are no subs in either language

1 Like

Yep… Providence definitely has English audio

Got this the other day

5 Likes

of this cut of the movie there’s a fantastic quality bluray out, why opt for the dvd? :wink:

1 Like

Found it for cheap at a store, I’ll eventually upgrade to the Blu-ray

2 Likes

Just picked this up for £11:

5 Likes